Our Professional Conversion Programme Enhanced (PCP) is specially designed to help you build your capabilities and ensure that you are well-equipped to take on jobs right away in new and emerging economies.
The PCP targets Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs), including mid-career switchers, providing the necessary skills conversion training to embrace new job roles. The individual is first matched with a company, after which he/she will be provided with six months of coursework and hands-on skills conversion training. During this time, he/she will be paid a salary. With the PCP, participants can study, work, and be trained for a new role within a company or a job in a new sector.
There are currently four PCP available (courses may be added according to the participants’ needs):
* Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above curriculum and/or course fees without prior notice.
Programme Participation Requirement
Company Eligibility and Obligation
Participating companies need to fulfil the following requirements:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Work with SUSS on the necessary administrative matters related to the programme
- Commit to PCP training arrangements for the PMETs that have been selected
PMET Eligibility and Obligation
Participants need to fulfil the following requirements:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Minimum 21 years old;
- Two years’ full-time work experience, or fully discharged full-time NS liability, or currently employed on a full-time basis; and
- GCE ‘A’ Levels with two passes (prior to 2006) / two H2 passes (from 2006) / local polytechnic diploma / International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma / SAT1 scores; or
- Minimum 5 GCE ‘O’ Levels and attend an interview
2. Programme Participation
Participants need to belong to one of the following categories:
- Workers currently employed in the identified PCP industries and seeking to acquire new skills and/ or switch careers to other identified PCP industries
- Workers currently employed in industries other than the identified PCP industries but seeking to acquire new skills and switch careers to other identified PCP industries
- Unemployed workers seeking to enter the identified PCP industries
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com with subject title ‘PCP application’.
- A statement indicating (i) intended PCP and (ii) reasons for PCP participation