There is much emphasis on providing quality care and education for children as society recognises the importance of investing in their well-being and development. The Master of Early Childhood Education Programme (MECED) provides the continuing professional development for early childhood educators and the extension in career pathways for those who aspire to take on key roles that will influence the advancement of the field.
Pitched to address current issues and challenges in the early childhood sector, this programme places emphases on pedagogical approaches, quality assessment and informed practices. It aims to develop early childhood practitioners, curriculum leaders, trainers, supervisors, and those who wish to pursue research in early childhood education.
Unique features of the programme:
- Courses address current trends in early childhood education locally & globally
- Students have the option to embark on one of three specialisation tracks – Practitioner, Leadership or Research
- Interdisciplinary courses offered as electives
- Courses are taught by experienced, well-qualified academics and professionals in the early childhood sector
- Classes are scheduled to suit the needs of working adults