Applicants should be Singapore citizens, permanent residents or residents in Singapore. In addition, you will need to meet these minimum requirements:
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institute.
- At least two years of work experience
- An interest in transport or related areas
- A high level of motivation
- Good communication in both written and spoken English
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo one or more interviews and/or take such written admission or other evaluation tests as may be prescribed by Singapore University of Social Sciences from time to time.
The offer of admission is dependent on the number of places available in individual programmes. The decision of the Admissions Committee of Singapore University of Social Sciences is final and binding.
Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to refuse admission and is not obliged to offer an explanation for the non-admission of unsuccessful candidates.
The curriculum for the Master of Management [Urban Transportation] programme consists of 60 credit units (cu) comprising 13 courses. The 13 courses are grouped under two main categories: Managing Organisation and Business Function (30 cu's consisting of 7 courses), and Urban Transport Management (30 cu's consisting of 6 courses).
to view the programme curriculum.
- Classes are conducted over 4 Semesters (24 months)
- Each Urban Transport course will be held over four weekdays from 8.30am to 5.30pm. (30 cu's consisting of 6 courses)
- Each Management course will be offered in the evening from 7pm to 10pm, once a week, over the semester terms. (30 cu's consisting of 7 courses)
The Master of Management [Urban Transportation] programme is specifically designed for practitioners who work in the various land transport related fields, as; Engineers, Planners, Architects, Public Transport Operators, Consultants, Developers, Contractors, Researchers, and Government Regulators.
The programme also caters to those who are looking for a career in land transport fields regardless of their backgrounds.
The Master of Management [Urban Transportation] programme provides a wide range of opportunities for graduates who want to develop a career in urban transport management. Upon graduation, students will find employment opportunities with public transport operators, transport consultancies and planners, contractors and constructors, intelligent transportation system providers, and governmental regulatory bodies.
The University offers course fee concession for some master's programmes. Please click here
for more details.