Applicants should be Singapore citizens, permanent residents or residents in Singapore. In addition, you will need to meet these minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution
- Applicants applying for the Taxation programme may offer professional qualifications - eg: ACCA,CA (Sing), CPA (Aust) in lieu of a degree
- Good communication skills (written and spoken English)
- At least two years of work experience preferably in taxation
- 21 years and above
- A high level of motivation
- All applicants will be required to provide a full CV detailing their work experience as well
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo one or more interviews and/or take such written admission or other evaluation tests as may be prescribed by Singapore University of Social Sciences from time to time.
The offer of admission is dependent on the number of places available in individual programmes.
The decision of the Admissions Committee of Singapore University of Social Sciences is final and binding. Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to refuse admission and is not obliged to offer an explanation for the non-admission of unsuccessful candidates.
The programme is built around 3 areas:
- Tax and its environment – where tax and its relationship with wider world is explored e.g. the law, corporate governance, corporate accounting
- Domestic taxation – taxation within Singapore
- International taxation – the international principles that deal with taxation outside domestic borders
There are 12 courses on offer at SUSS. Each course lasts 4 Saturdays, and provides 30 hours of course instruction, in additional to the self-study that is required to fully explore the topics within the course.
Each course can be taken individually for Continuing Professional Education purposes. If the student does not take any assessment, the student will be given a Certificate of Attendance. If however, the student actually takes assessments, then the student will be given a Certificate of Achievement.
For those who wish to take courses in a more structured manner, a suggested flow would be as follows:
- Taxation: Legal Framework and Policy*
- Corporate and Individual Income Tax*
- Goods and Services Tax*
Successful completion of all 3 courses, with a cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of at least 2.5
|Graduate Certificate in Taxation|
For a Graduate Diploma to be awarded, candidates must complete all courses marked with an asterisk and any 2 additional tax courses from the 8 remaining courses offered AND achieve a cumulative cGPA of at least 2.5.
- International Taxation and Tax Planning*
- Landmark Cases in Income Tax and Handling Tax Controversy
- OECD Model Tax Convention
|Graduate Diploma in Taxation|
(NB To proceed from a Grad Dip stage to Master, the cGPA must be a minimum of 3.0)
Completion of Graduate Diploma in Taxation and the following 6 courses with a cGPA of at least 3.0.
- Selected Topics in Taxation
- Transfer Pricing
- Applying Transfer Pricing
- Cross-Border Tax Planning
- Taxation and the Digital Economy
- Taxation, Governance and the Wider Environment
|Master of Taxation|
Students who have already completed the Executive Tax Programme Level III (Advanced Tax Programme) will receive credit recognition for 4 subjects (Taxation: Legal Framework and Policy, Corporate and Individual Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax and International Taxation and Tax Planning), and therefore will only have to complete 8 courses for a Master certificate.
to view the programme curriculum.
This programme aims to provide tax professionals and adult learners with advanced training in taxation law and current practices. It also aims to contribute to the continuous professional education (CPE) of tax specialists by offering courses that cover current developments and changes in taxation law.
The programme aims to equip the student with thinking skills that will be useful in a variety of locations. Graduates from this programme are working in a wide range of employment, from advisory firms advising Small and Medium Enterprises to regional roles in multinationals and even within the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
The University offers course fee concession for some master's programmes. Please click here
for more details.