The Student Travel Award (STA) enables selected students who are enrolled in the University’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to participate in overseas activities organised, approved or recognised by the University, including but not limited to:
- Overseas events, such as festivals, exhibitions, symposiums, competitions
- International refereed conferences to present academic papers
- Any other overseas activities approved by the University
1 The STA does not cover students travelling for overseas exchange programmes or study trips.
The STA will cover expenses incurred for the purpose of the trip, including return airfare and accommodation, capped at $1,500 per trip. The Office reserves the right to revise the amount of subsidy per trip.
To apply for the STA, students must provide the following documents:
- Student Travel Award Form (download a copy here)
- Acceptance/invitation letter from the organiser of the activity
- A completed Financial Aid Form (if applicable)
Applications submitted will go through a three-stage review and approval process.
The number and amount of STA awarded is limited by funds availability. Selection is based on the student's contribution to university, financial needs, as well as faculty recommendation.
Upon approval of the STA, award recipients must commit to the following within one month of their return:
- Submit a short video (maximum run-time of 400 seconds) that documents the trip
- Conduct a sharing session (face-to-face or online) of learning points from the trip, in order to contribute to community knowledge