The Fund supports SUSS Student Groups, Competition & Interest Groups in implementing sporting-related events that will serve the underserved in SUSS or external community (e.g. children, youth, elderly, special needs, migrant workers, etc).
The proposed event will need to fulfil the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate how the team will leverage on sporting skills to organise sporting activities for their chosen beneficiary
- Demonstrate at least one core value of SPIRIT: Spirit of Learning, Passion for Community, Integrity, Respect and Trust, Innovation for Excellence and Teamwork.
The Fund aims to defray the cost of organising sporting-related events which include:
- Event logistics, equipment and materials
- Refreshments (for participants only)
- Publicity (production of posters, EDMs, photography etc)
Successful student group applicants will receive funding amounts between $500 to $2000 (subject to the Office's approval)
To apply for the Sports for Good Fund, students must submit the following documents to the Office of Student Life:
- Sports for Good Application Form
- Annex A: List of Participating Students
- Annex B: List of Items and Budget Breakdown
- Annex C: Programme Outline (if applicable)
Applications should be submitted at least two months before the proposed event date.