Learn about importance of mangrove, local and overseas mangroves conservation, mangroves cleanup, bird census.
Engage in educational outreach events and activities with collaboration with different social service agencies, supported by NParks
12 months commitment, including
• 2-day training programme (compulsory; full-day weekends, depends on tides) to learn about mangrove in
Singapore and conservation effort by Nparks (Sg Buloh Wetland Reserve and Pulau Ubin);
• Quarterly issue-based student reading group;
• Be part of NParks Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve (SBWR) to act on these issues
- Mangrove restoration at abandoned aquaculture areas at SBWR,
- Organise volunteers to help with surveys, propagule collection, test planting, restoration work, monitoring
before, during and after restoration.
- Outreach about mangroves and SBWR during (annual) SBWR Day, Pesta Ubin, Sg Biodiversity Festival,
• Option to lead and/or participate in overseas Service-Learning project at Lombok, Indonesia (under YEP/OEL).