|Commitment||12 months commitment, including|
• 1-day training programme (compulsory; full-day weekends, depends on tides) to learn about mangrove in
Singapore and conservation effort by Nparks (Sg Buloh Wetland Reserve and Pulau Ubin);
• Quarterly issue-based student reading group;
• Be part of NParks Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve (SBWR) to act on these issues
- Mangrove restoration at abandoned aquaculture areas at SBWR,
- Organise volunteers to help with surveys, propagule collection, test planting, restoration work, monitoring
before, during and after restoration.
- Outreach about mangroves and SBWR during (annual) SBWR Day, Pesta Ubin, Sg Biodiversity Festival,
• Option to lead and/or participate in overseas Service-Learning project at Lombok, Indonesia (under YEP/OEL).