The XL121 programme provides personalised mentorship and leadership development opportunities to students who are leading SUSS-wide projects or plan to lead SUSS projects in 2020.
As the name suggests, one-to-one mentorship means that each student on the programme will work with their assigned mentors to curate a personalised leadership plan journey to build skills and enhance your leadership effectiveness.
Your experience will culminate in the organising of a 1-day University Student Leaders Programme planned to fall within the period of March – July 2021*.
As a student on the XL121 programme, you will be offered the following leadership opportunities:
- Experiential Leadership Development workshop
- Attend core skills training to be held
- Attend Overseas or Local conferences
- Leadership coaching by CEL Professionals
- Networking opportunities with other SUSS student leaders and industry leaders
- A chance to accumulate leadership experiences
- Pre-requisite: Year 1-3 SUSS undergraduates
Students on this programme must commit to the following:
- Commit to organise a 1-day University Student Leaders Programme within the period March-July 2021
- Attend at least 2 networking sessions of your choice
- Lead a SUSS project
- Quarterly meet-up with your assigned mentor
- Attend 1 Local or Overseas conference
- Attend core skills (1.5 days) and Experiential Leadership Development Workshop (3 days). Dates to be confirmed, based on availability of successful applicants.
Register here: https://suss.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0eVLcs2pgsEhUW1
For more information, please contact Office of Student Life
Student Leaders Training
Especially selected to lead and be role-models for the Year 1 freshmen, student leaders for the Student Teambuilding Programme acquire and practice the following skills:
- Identify key individual strengths and using it to enhance personal effectiveness;
- Manage relationships effectively through skills such as listening and coaching;
- Basic facilitation skills to conduct and debrief group activities.
This series is founded on SUSS core philosophy of Head, Heart and Habit, which is our education philosophy of inculcating professional mastery, social responsibility and habit of lifelong learning. Guest speakers are primarily eminent scholars, thought leaders and influential professionals in their field. Previous speakers include Advisor to Group Executive Committee of GIC, Mr Lim Siong Guan and Laos Ambassador to Singapore, H.E. Khonepheng.
This 2.5cu module provides students with foundational knowledge in leadership theories applied to contemporary society via case studies and personal reflection on leadership-in-practice.
For more details, click here: https://www.suss.edu.sg/courses/detail/ost161