The XL Academy has opportunities for students of varying leadership experience. In other words, students do not need to be established leaders before exploring their leadership potential via the platforms offered. See below for some of the platforms and have a peek into what some of these platforms offer!
The XL121 programme provides personalised mentorship and leadership development opportunities to students who are leading SUSS-wide projects or plan to lead SUSS projects in 2020.
As the name suggests, one-to-one mentorship means that each student on the programme will work with their assigned mentors to curate a personalised leadership plan journey to build skills and enhance leadership effectiveness.
As a student on the XL121 programme, you will be offered the following leadership opportunities:
- Experiential Leadership Development workshop
- Attend core skills training to be held
- Attend Overseas or Local conferences
- Leadership coaching by CEL Professionals
- Networking opportunities with other SUSS student leaders and industry leaders
- A chance to accumulate leadership experiences
- Pre-requisite: Year 1-3 SUSS undergraduates with leadership experience within the past 3 years
Students on this programme must commit to the following:
- Attend at least 2 networking sessions of your choice
- Lead a SUSS project
- Quarterly meet-up with your assigned mentor
- Attend 1 Local or Overseas conference (Optional)
- Attend core skills (1.5 days) and Experiential Leadership Development Workshop (3 days). Dates to be confirmed, based on availability of successful applicants.
Registration is currently closed.
For more information, please contact Office of Student Life.
The XL Academy extends training opportunities to leaders who are interested to hone their leadership skills. Depending on the leadership platform, student leaders are offered training in specific core skillsets. In addition, student leaders can look forward to developing the following leadership skills:
- Strengthsfinder: Identify key individual strengths and leverage it to enhance personal effectiveness;
- Facilitation Skills : Strengthen group-based decision making skills
- Adaptive Leadership: Develop skills to lead teams through challenges
If you are a student leader and interested to attend the above workshops, email the Office of Student Life to indicate your interest . We will be in touch with you to inform you of the next available workshop date.
Alternatively, you may request for a customized Strengthsfinder or facilitation skills workshop by registering with a minimum group size of 15 students. Drop an email to Office of Student Life to register.
This series is founded on SUSS core philosophy of Head, Heart and Habit, which is our education philosophy of inculcating professional mastery, social responsibility and habit of lifelong learning. Guest speakers are primarily eminent scholars, thought leaders and influential professionals in their field. Previous speakers include Advisor to Group Executive Committee of GIC, Mr Lim Siong Guan and Laos Ambassador to Singapore, H.E. Khonepheng.
This 2.5 cu module provides students with foundational knowledge in leadership theories applied to contemporary society via case studies and personal reflection on leadership-in-practice.
For more details, please click here.