The SUSS Student Teambuilding Programme is a graduation requirement for all SUSS Full-time Students to start their university journey together. Students must complete this module within their first academic year at SUSS.
- To provide students with an experiential platform to cultivate a common SUSS identity
- To develop foundational aptitudes in self-awareness, team effectiveness, and community-mindedness
- The programme adopts a combination of e-learning, experiential learning, and on-site training methods to achieve its objectives
- Runs are typically held overseas to enable students to develop global-mindedness and adaptability – skills which are crucial attributes to thrive in today's context
The overseas Student Teambuilding Programme comprises of 2 modules;
- 2.5-credit unit (cu) Experiential Teambuilding (ETB) module
- 2.5-credit unit (cu) Transnational Reflexivity (OGP101) module
This is an unrestricted elective that is coupled with the overseas ETB module and aims to help students develop global competency and awareness of cultural diversity
Overseas Run Options
- Cohort 2020 students are provided with various overseas options to take the Student Teambuilding Programme, as listed in the table below
- Registration for Student Teambuilding Programme will open from 14 - 25 September 2020
- Students are allowed to register for only ONE (1) run
- By registering and completing the overseas ETB, students will be able to:
- Fulfil the Student Teambuilding mandatory graduation requirement and earn 2.5-cu from the ETB module;
- Fulfil the Overseas Experience (OE) mandatory graduation requirement; and
- Earn an additional 2.5-cu for OGP101 Transnational Reflexivity (Unrestricted Elective)
|Yunnan, China||23 Nov 2020 - 10 Dec 2020|
|Shenzhen, China||23 Nov 2020 - 10 Dec 2020|
|Medan, Indonesia||8 Mar 2021 - 27 Mar 2021|
|Bogor, Indonesia||8 Mar 2021 - 27 Mar 2021|
|Vietnam||8 Mar 2021 - 27 Mar 2021|
*The actual course may not last the entire duration of the dates listed, but will lie within the date range specified. Exact dates will be made known about 1 month prior to the trip.
Plans in anticipation of evolving Covid-19 situation
- In view of Covid-19, the ETB programmes and locations are subjected to changes.
- In the event that the Student Teambuilding Programme is conducted in Singapore, students will be able to:
- Fulfil the Student Teambuilding mandatory graduation requirement
- Earn 2.5-cu from the ETB module only
- Students can fulfil the Overseas Experience (OE) requirement through other programmes such as Overseas Experiential Learning courses, Overseas Work Attachment, Overseas Summer/Winter School, and Global Service-Learning. Please visit www.suss.edu.sg/ogp for more information.
Students are strongly encouraged to attend the briefing sessions on any of the following dates to find out more about the ETB programme:
|Briefing Dates||Registration Details|
|3 Jun (Wed), 7:00pm – 8:30pm|
23 Jun (Tue), 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Please register your attendance via this link.
An email will be sent to confirmed participants with more information.
How to Register
- Registration for the Student Teambuilding Programme will open from 14 – 25 September 2020.
- Students will receive the link to access the ETB registration portal via email.
- Please refer to the infographic below and complete Step 1 to Step 5.
- Students' participation for ETB will be confirmed after the successful completion of the 5 steps by the respective deadlines.
Please read the FAQ page for answers to most common questions about the Student Teambuilding Programme. We regularly update the FAQ page. If your question is not in the FAQ list, please send your query to the Office of Student Life at b3N0QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn.