The Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health has released a new advisory regarding updates to Safe Management Measures (SMMs) and the resumption of activities for Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs). This has been in effect since 10 August 2021. Please refer to the following for a summary of the updates:
(A) Overall On-campus Presence
- No more than 60% of the total student enrolment should be present on campus at any given point in time.
- In-person classes and lectures are capped at a maximum of 50 persons, inclusive of trainer(s).
- Group work should be done in groups of not more than 5 persons with masks on at all times.
- Students on internships will continue with their work attachments, while following prevailing SMMs at their respective organisations.
- Click here to find out more.
- In-person examinations can be held for up to 250 persons, in up to five zones with a maximum of 50 persons per zone, inclusive of invigilators/staff.
- Individuals in each zone should be seated at least 1 metre apart where possible, if not in groups of no more than 5 persons separated by 1 metre.
- Students sitting for exams do not need to participate in pre-event testing.
(C) Dining-In at Food & Beverage (F&B) Establishments
- Groups of up to 5 persons who are fully vaccinated are allowed to dine in at F&B outlets (Subway, Food Fest and Foodclique), with at least 1 metre distancing between groups and queues.
- Other F&B establishments such as Starbucks will only be able to offer takeaway/delivery.
- Unvaccinated individuals can continue to use takeaway services.
- Individuals should mask up when not eating or drinking.
- Click here to find out more.
(D) Gym and Other Sport Facilities
- Low intensity mask-on activities: up to 50 participants in groups of no more than 5, or 16sqm per user (whichever is lower), are allowed regardless of vaccination status.
- High intensity physical and mask-off exercises: up to 30 participants in groups of no more than 5, or 16sqm per user (whichever is lower), are allowed provided all participants have been vaccinated.
(E) Group Student Activities
Student activities can resume on campus with the following SMMs from 10 August 2021:
Group sizes for low-risk, mask-on activities
- No more than 50 persons are allowed in each venue, with at least 1 metre distance between individuals or groups of no more than 5 persons (regardless of vaccination status).
Sports and other dynamic activities
- Students must adhere to the latest SportSG’s guidelines. Click here to find out more.
1) Outdoor activities (mask-on/off) and indoor mask-on activities:
- Irrespective of vaccination or test status, classes may accommodate up to 50 persons including the instructor(s) in groups of no more than 5 persons, subject to the venue’s capacity limit (whichever is lower).
2) Indoor mask-off activities:
- Classes may accommodate up to 30 persons in groups of no more than 5 persons, subject to the venue’s capacity limit (whichever is lower), provided all individuals in the class are fully vaccinated.
Participants in these sports activities should maintain at least 2 metres distancing between individuals, and at least 3 metres distancing for high intensity indoor exercises. Groups should not intermingle before, during and after the activities. Masks should also be put on immediately after the completion of strenuous activities.
Voice training, speech and drama, singing and playing of wind and brass instruments
- A maximum of 30 participants including instructor(s) and accompanist(s) are allowed per class, with only the same 10 participants allowed to be unmasked for the duration of the class. Please refer to National Arts Council’s advisory here.