SUSS alumni can continue their lifelong learning journey with a new scheme – Lifelong Learning Credit (L2C) – whereby $500 will be credited to each alumnus. This credit can be used to offset fees for courses taken at SUSS. The objective of this scheme is to encourage SUSS alumni to continue upgrading themselves to remain relevant and employable. This scheme is managed by CCPE.
The scheme started in July 2018. It does not replace ACE and ACE + but runs concurrently with them.
1. Who is eligible?
An alumnus is defined as a graduate who has successfully complete a degree programme, conferred by SUSS (formerly SIM University), at the undergraduate or graduate level.
A fresh graduate may enjoy 3 schemes: ACE, ACE+ (from the cohort who completed in the July 2014 semester onwards) and L2C.
2. How does the scheme work?
An alumnus will be credited with an L2C of $500 as soon as he/she qualifies.
The scheme is applicable up to a maximum of $500 per graduate once in his/her lifetime.
3. What courses can the L2C be used to pay for?
- An alumnus can use the L2C to pay for any course or workshop* enrolled under CET.
The course listing is for information and does not constitute a contract. SUSS reserves the right to change, amend, supplement or cancel courses or change the schedule of courses. SUSS further reserves the right to change the curriculum, requirements and policies for a course without notice. This course listing should not be read as a guarantee of the courses set out herein.
- Excluded are courses which have been taken in their programme.
- Courses can be at undergraduate or graduate levels.
- Prevailing rules regarding the award of certificates apply.
- It cannot be used to pay the registration, GST and miscellaneous fees.
*Terms and Conditions apply
4. What is the minimum amount that can be utilised?
There is no minimum amount.
5. Can this scheme be combined with the SkillsFuture credit of $500?
Yes. There is no restriction in the order of use.
6. What other terms and conditions are there?
Applicants for CET courses pay a one-time non-refundable CET registration fee at the prevailing rate of $64.20. SUSS reserves the right to increase this fee without prior notice. Anyone who has registered for a CET course before this scheme does not need to pay the registration fee again.
The alumnus must complete at least 50% of the Overall Continuous Assessment (OCAS) of a credit-bearing course, or all workshop assessments, to enjoy the funding.
The alumnus must comply with any other requirements of the course or workshop, such as attendance requirements.
7. How many seats are available for each course under this scheme?
The number of seats available depends on the demand for the course or workshop. (Priority is given to students who are reading the course(s) for their degree.)
Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
8. How do applicants apply for the "eligible courses"?
Applicants are required to key in "Claim for L2C" under the "Sponsorship" Column during registration.
NOTE: For this period, with the counter closure, as well as adhering to social distancing, we will require students to make a declaration that documents submitted are true and certified copy, and SUSS has the right to validate them. Failing the validation, or misrepresenting submitted documents may subject to cancellation of registration, withdrawal of courses, and/or even expulsion from course.
Please submit the following documents during online e-application:
- Coloured NRIC (front and back)
- 1 recent colour passport-sized photograph
9. Where can I get more information on the scheme?
For more information on CET registration and related matters, please email us at Y2V0QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn.