Next Available Intakes:24 April 2024 and 09 October 2024
Duration: 1 day
Venue: via ZOOM
The objective of this module is to help entrepreneurs to comprehend and appreciate the importance of building their brand both online and offline. This will encompass the knowledge of developing a digital brand strategy, engaging in digital engagement and marketing.
In this workshop, participants will learn how to develop a holistic brand strategy, how to make their brand stand out (both online and off line) by considering their touchpoints, and understand how they should engage their target audience using different marketing tools, in particular digital tools such as social media platforms, online performance tracking tools and using the appropriate communications approach. The training session will include hands-on practice and discussions to help participants comprehend the concepts better.
As a result, the knowledge acquired from this workshop will help participants to elevate themselves from being just online traders to brand owners, and add value to their entire business venture.
Business owners, entrepreneurs, digital marketers, e-commerce managers, business development managers.
- Developing your own digital brand strategy framework: making a difference
- Defining suitable communication elements for the digital brand identity: how to look attractive yet not confusing
- Identifying digital and non-digital touch points: how to create maximum impact
- Using touch points to engage target audience: how to build brand interest
A. Knowledge and Understanding (Theory Component)
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Integrate brand related concepts into a framework.
- Identify core communication elements that define their brand and align them coherently
- Recognize the different touch-points that is critical to create strong brand impression
- Identify digital media platforms and tools to engage target audience effectively
B. Key Skills (Practical Component)
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Construct a digital brand blueprint for themselves
- Identify and contrast how different visual and text elements would affect brand identity
- Apply different techniques by using features and tools found on digital platforms to engage target audience to build an engaging brand.
|09:00 - 09:30||Course overview|
|09:30 - 11:00||Developing your own digital brand strategy framework: making a difference|
|11:00 - 11:15||Break|
|11:15 - 12:30||Defining suitable communication elements for the digital brand identity: how to look attractive yet not confusing|
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 15:15||Identifying digital and non-digital touch points: how to create maximum impact|
|15:15 - 15:30||Break|
|15:30 - 17:00||Using touch points to engage target audience: how to build brand interest|
|17:00 - 17:30||Assessment|
- Attendees have to bring along their own laptop
Dr Lau Kong Cheen
Dr Lau is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Business, under the Marketing Programme. His key areas of interest and expertise is in brand management, digital marketing, business strategy and consumer behaviour.
Prior to joining SUSS, Dr.Lau has spent more than 10 years in the industry with experience spanning across public and private sectors. He has had immense exposure in consulting, market research in consumer insights, business development and client marketing. He has consulted for clients from MNCs and SMEs in the region. Some of the clients that he has consulted for include Cerebos, Kesawan Bank, Resorts World, Toyota, Bonia, Bata, Skechers, 4 Fingers, Bio-Essence, Parkway Cancer Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Marina Link Mall, Changi Airport Group, Tru-Marine, SPRING, Singapore Turf Club, Singapore Technologiesand IE Singapore. As part of his consulting practice, he has also conducted multiple training workshops for many of his clients to help them to reflect and generate ideas based on concepts learnt.
Dr. Lau has also been an active speaker contributing and sharing his knowledge in brand building and consumer insights at multiple conferences and seminars in Singapore and in the region.In addition, as a thought leader in branding, Dr. Lau has also published several of his research pertaining to brand strategy in top international journals.
Dr. Lau holds a PhD in Marketing from the Curtin University in Australia coupled with a MBA (with Distinction) from the University of Surrey (UK). He completed his undergraduate studies with a Bachelor of Engineering degree with Honours from the Nanyang Technological University of Singapore.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Application form
1 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy: Singaporeans aged 40 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
2 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs: SME-sponsored employees (Singaporean Citizens and PRs) aged 21 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
3 Additional subsidy for Singaporeans: With effect from 1 January 2023, the GST rate will be revised from 7% to 8%. There will be no fee increase for Singaporeans taking SSG subsidized course(s) from 1 January to 31 December 2023.
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and feedbacks related to the course
- The course fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. The University reserves the right to adjust the course fees without prior notice.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice
For clarification, please contact the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) via the following:
Telephone: +65 6248 0263