At the heart of a good business strategy when doing business in another country is communication competence. Communication is more than just language. It includes an understanding and appreciation of cultural differences and social norms, and involves culture-sensitive business etiquette.
Internationalisation is a pillar of Singapore’s economy, and Malaysia is a natural and convenient destination for Singapore businesses whose people travel there on business or to manage a business. The objective of this course is to raise awareness of the language and socio-cultural context of doing business in a Malay-speaking region.
At the end of the course, you should be able to
- Appraise the local business context
- Demonstrate insights into the business culture and social norms
- Describe the do’s and don’t’s in interactions at the workplace
- Conduct negotiations taking into consideration cultural sensitivities
You do not need Malay language skills to attend this course.
$1700 including assessment fee (before GST)
Subsidy of up to 90% is available.
|Funding Schemes ||Estimated payable after funding* |
|SMEs/ ETSS1 / MCES2|| S$257.50|
* The above fees quoted are inclusive of GST
1 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
2 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
3 Workforce Training Support
- Saturdays afternoon (1pm to 4pm)
- 10 sessions, once a week
- A 3-hr assessment on the following Friday evening after the last session
- Class Schedule: 16 Feb, 23 Feb, 2 Mar, 9 Mar, 23 Mar, 30 Mar, 6 Apr, 13 Apr, 20 Apr and 27 Apr 2019
- Assessment Date: 3 May 2019 (7pm to 10pm)
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, MNCs, Business owners, Managers
How to apply?
Please submit to Y2V0QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn with the following:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Recent payslip or income statement
- Application Form
Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to change course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability without prior notice.
Centre for Continuing and Professional Education @ 62480263 / Y2V0QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn.