Duration: 1 day
Venue: Singapore University of Social Sciences
Minimum number to run: 25 participants (To be updated by SUSS)
The Business Transformation through Technology workshop enables participants to understand the fundamentals of new digital technologies, as well as how these technologies can be applied to traditional businesses. In addition, insights on the principles and practices that lead to successful digital transformation will be shared.
The Business Transformation workshop will address these key areas:
- What are the challenges in business transformation?
- What technologies are available and how can they be applied to business?
- What are the steps involved in a business transformation implementation?
Business Owners, Directors, Senior Managers, Managers interested in improving the performance and process of traditional businesses through digitalization and the application of artificial intelligence.
1. New technologies for digital transformation
- Cloud, IoT, Data Analytics
- Examples of applications of these technologies
2. Steps for digital transformation
- Assessing the current digital state
- Identify potential gaps and benefits
- Identify key technologies
- Develop a business implementation plan
A. Knowledge and Understanding (Theory Component)
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain new technologies (Cloud, IoT, Data Analytics, etc.) and how they can be applied to businesses
- Describe and understand the concept of a business transformation and how transformation can be implemented through technology
B. Key Skills (Practical Component)
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Develop and execute a high-level business transformation and implementation plan
|09:00 - 09:30||Course Overview and Introductions|
|09:30 - 10:00|| What is Business Transformation? |
|10:00 - 10:15||Break|
|10:15 - 11:15||Technology Enablers and Applications|
|11:15 - 12:00||Steps towards Business Transformation|
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 14:00||Case Study: Business Transformation Use Case|
|14:00 - 15:00||Developing, Communicating, and Implementing a Business Transformation Plan|
|15:00 - 15:15||Break|
|15:15 - 17:00||Case Study: Open-Ended Use Case|
|17:00 - 17:30||Quiz|
Chuah Jun Wei
Jun Wei is currently Regional Manager (Smart City Solutions) at Alibaba Cloud, architecting novel IoT solutions for the future Smart City. These solutions leverage on Alibaba Cloud’s ET Brain Platform to enable verticals spanning city management, smart buildings, and healthcare. Jun Wei has over 10 years’ experience in IoT, from embedded systems design to sensor networks, data analytics, and IoT solutions. He is especially interested in the seamless infusion of useful technologies into traditional industries, such as construction, facilities management, and manufacturing.
Prior to his role in Alibaba Cloud, Jun Wei was Head of IoT and Data Science at Surbana Technologies (a subsidiary of Surbana Jurong Group), where he led a team of engineers and data scientists to support and enhance the Smart City in a Box platform. Before this role, Jun Wei managed a department of scientists and engineers at the Institute for Infocomm Research under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). The department specializes in energy research, focusing on energy storage, energy analytics, and green building technologies.
Jun Wei holds a doctorate in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University. He was awarded the A*STAR National Science Scholarship (BS-PhD) in 2004.
Please submit the following documents to Y2V0QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Recent payslip or income statement (For WTS scheme only)
- Application form
|International Participants||S'poreans (aged below 40) and PRs||SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy1|
(S'poreans aged 40 and above)
|Workfare Training Support2|
(S'poreans aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month)
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs3|
|Full Course fee (A)||$700||$700||$700||$700||$700|
|SSG grant (70%) (B)||-||($490)||($490)||($490)||($490)|
|Nett course fee (A) - (B) = (C)||$700||$210||$210||$210||$210|
|7% GST on nett course fee (D)||$49||$14.70||$14.70||$14.70||$14.70|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST (C) + (D) = (E)||$749.00||$227.70||$227.70||$227.70||$227.70|
|Less additional funding if eligible under various schemes (F)||-||-||($140)||($175)||($140)|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes (E) - (F) = (G)||$749||$224.70||$84.70||$49.70||$84.70|
1 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy: Singaporeans aged 40 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
2 Workfare Training Support: Singaporeans aged 35 and above (13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) and earning not more than $2,000 per month may enjoy subsidies up to 95% of the course fees.
3 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs: SME-sponsored employees (Singaporean Citizens and PRs) aged 21 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and feedbacks related to the course.
- The course fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. The University reserves the right to adjust the course fees without prior notice.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice.
For clarification, please contact the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) via the following:
Telephone: +65 6248 0263