Retail and the Meetings Incentives Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) industries are two important sectors supporting the growth of Singapore's economy. Although the two sectors were adversely affected by the global pandemic of COVID-19, they remain key pillars of growth for Singapore. The certificates are positioned to support the retail and events industries to upgrade the employees' knowledge and prepare them to take on higher value jobs when the industries' activities resume.
SUSS has launched Certificates in Retail Operations & Retail Management and Events Planning for current employees and ex-employees who may have lost their jobs in the retail and MICE industries due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These certificates are made up of three modular courses each and participant has to complete a reflective assessment before any certificate will be issued. Please see the following table.
SUSS reserves the right to amend, change and withdraw the courses and certification without prior notice.
Please read and complete the following before you proceed with your course registration:
- Only individuals who were previously, or are currently, employed full-time in the retail and/or MICE sectors are eligible to apply for admission to any of these certification courses. An applicant is required to make a declaration, providing proof and details of previous or current employment in the retail and/or MICE sectors, when submitting his/her application for admission to these certification courses.
- The issuance of a Certificate is only applicable to CET students who have registered for any of the three courses under each Certificates course from January 2021 semester onwards.
- The certification courses are not open to full time undergraduates of SUSS or any other universities.
- Successful applicants are given a maximum of 24 months from January 2021 to complete the three modules stipulated under each certification course. Please click here for the full list of the Terms and Conditions.
- Fill and complete the Declaration Form.
- Upon successful completion for the required modular courses as stated below and reflective assessment, students may apply for the Certificate by click on the application button below.
- At least 18 years of age; and
- GCE 'A' level with two passes (prior to 2006) or two H2 passes (from 2006), or local polytechnic diploma; or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma; or NUS High School Diploma
- Applicants with a Technical Diploma from ITE or other Diploma qualification plus an acceptable SAT1 or ACT (with Writing) score may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis
- If not, at least 5 GCE 'O' Levels & interview
For SkillsFuture credit, please refer to http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
Please note that SkillsFuture credit must be approved by SSG before course fee payment.
- Applicants are required to submit the following documents during their online e-application:
- Coloured NRIC (front and back)
- 1 recent colour passport-sized photograph
- Declaration Form
- All educational certificates and transcripts
- Application period for January Semester: 1 October to 15 November
- Application period for July Semester: 1 May to 15 June
- Application for CET modular courses is to be made online. Each application must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $60.00 before GST for an e-application (payable online only).
Centre for Continuing and Professional Education at +65 6248 0263 / CET@suss.edu.sg.