- Become a more effective manager and strategic leader from insights into the dynamics of managing diverse stakeholder groups
- Expand your stakeholder management skills to shape transformation for your organisation and communities
- Learn to devise compelling performance measures that will drive your organisation’s strategic progress and results
- Acquire tools to strengthen corporate social innovation and harness them for shared value creation
- Sharpen your collaboration skills to form coalitions for positive social impact
Volunteers are essential stakeholders in non-profit organisations. They participate in the community by helping others outside of their household, family, relatives or friends without expecting financial payments. The board directors of non-profit organisations are another group of volunteers who do not receive monetary incentives for performing corporate governance function. Many non-profits including social enterprises, social entrepreneurs and managers in non-profit organisations depend on volunteers as critical stakeholders to realise their social mission.
In for-profit organisations, employees are encouraged to participate in corporate-led community initiatives as part of organisational corporate social responsibility (CSR) programmes. These employees are often also referred to as volunteers. For-profit organisations stand to differentiate themselves from the competition through meaningful community engagement and CSR programmes.
The Graduate Certificate in Organisation & Leadership for Non-profits (GCOLN) is for social entrepreneurs, managers in non-profit organisations, and managers in for-profit organisations responsible for community engagement and CSR programmes. This programme will empower participants to harness diversity across stakeholder groups towards their organisation’s desired social good. Through a combination of participant-centred learning and project assignments participants will gain a more comprehensive understanding of corporate social responsibility and insights into managing diverse stakeholder groups.
Each course in the GCOLN programme is equivalent to 5 credit units. Participants can take each course on its own. These courses can be further stacked to a Graduate Certificate in Organisation & Leadership for Non-profits upon successful completion of 15 credit units of course work.
Compulsory Courses (total 15 cu)
Classes are conducted over four Saturdays. The minimum programme duration is 6 months.
Find out more on the admission eligibility criteria and tuition fee.