- Only graduates and guests who have successfully registered for the Convocation will be admitted to the ceremony.
- Please check that you are attending the correct ceremony session before entering the campus. Your session details are provided in the email that is sent to you on 1 April 2021. All graduates are required to submit their guests' details via a link provided in the email by 9 April.
- Graduates and guests are to arrive at least one hour before the Convocation and register during their allocated time slot. Please provide sufficient time to clear all the necessary checks.
- Graduates and guests are to check and know their assigned seating zone (the details will be emailed to graduates 1 to 2 weeks before the convocation).
- No intermingling is allowed within the event area.
- Face mask must be worn at all times within the event area and please always ensure that at least a 1m safe distancing is observed between individuals.
- After the ceremony, all graduates and guests will be ushered to exit the event area by zones. Everyone is required to leave the event area at the end of the ceremony.
Graduates & Guests returning from overseas
The University is implementing a Leave of Absence (LOA) of 7 days for ALL returnees (graduates & guests) coming back from ALL countries (except returnees from Mainland China, New Zealand, Taiwan, Brunei, Australia and Macau). The 7 days LOA is in additional to the 14-days Stay-Home Notice (SHN) served by returnees.
Please note that you will be denied entry to the campus even though you have finished serving your SHN but you did not serve the additional 7-days LOA.
For example - John's Convocation ceremony is on 29 April 2021. He has a guest called Elsie. Elsie returned from USA on 14 April 2021. Her 14-days SHN period is from 15 April to 28 April 2021. The University will be implementing a 7-days LOA on Elsie, whereby Elsie will not be allowed into campus from 29 April to 5 May 2021, hence she will not be able to attend John's Convocation ceremony.
Health and Travel Declaration
On the day of ceremony, Graduates are required to fill up the mandatory SUSS Health and Travel Declaration Form. Graduates are to submit the form for themselves and their guests.
Please complete the form while you are on the way to campus to ensure a smooth checking experience at the campus entrance points. After submitting the form, a notification email with campus entry status will be sent to the indicated email addresses.
If the below shown message appears at the end of the email which you received, please proceed to enter the campus.
If the below shown message appears at the end of the email which you received, please refrain from entering the campus.
Graduates are to collect their graduate admission cards during their gown collection at Serangoon Broadway Studio.
A Convocation Reminder & Confirmation email with the assigned seating zones for graduates and their guest(s) will also be sent via email to graduates 1 to 2 weeks before the Convocation. Please retain this email for verification purposes.
Entry to Campus
At the entrance of the campus, graduates are required to:
- Present the Graduate Admission card, OR digital/printed copy of the Convocation Reminder & Confirmation email
- Present email notification for the submission of SUSS Health and Travel Declaration Form*
- Perform SafeEntry Check-in using TraceTogether App or Token
- Undergo temperature screening
*You are strongly encouraged to fill up the SUSS Health & Travel Declaration form for you and your guests on your way to the Campus.
Entry into Grand Hall
Upon entry to the campus, graduates are to proceed to the Foyer A of The Grand Hall, Blk A, Level 4, for registration.
STEP 1: Wear your full academic regalia before proceeding for registration at Foyer A of The Grand Hall, SUSS, Block A, Level 4
STEP 2: Register your attendance with your graduate admission card at the following timings according to the Zone that you have been assigned:
|Zone||Registration Venue||Morning Session||Afternoon Session||Evening Session|
|Zone A||Grand Hall Foyer A||8.30am||1.00pm||5.00pm|
At the registration counter, scan your graduate admission card and your seat number sticker will be issued to you. Please paste the sticker on your graduate admission card. Please retain the card as you will need to produce it when you are about to go up the stage.
STEP 3: After Registration, proceed directly to your assigned seat and remain seated for attendance taking.
STEP 4: Carry your graduate admission card with you at all times as your name will be verified before you go up the stage during the presentation of graduates. Please do not bend or fold your graduate admission cards to avoid any damage to the barcode.
- Graduates and guests are likely to be assigned to different zones and must be seated at their assigned zones and seats.
- Please be punctual as there will be strictly no admission of latecomers once the Convocation commences.
Only registered guests will be admitted into the Convocation. For verification and to be allowed entry into campus, guests are to show digital or printed copy of the Convocation Reminder & Confirmation email sent to graduates (1 to 2 weeks before the Convocation). Please be reminded to share this information with your guest(s). For more details on Guest Admission, please click here.
The wearing of the Academic Regalia is compulsory for all graduates receiving certificates at the ceremony. The University will exclude from the ceremony any graduate who is not appropriately dressed for this formal occasion.
As it is a formal ceremony, please ensure that your attire befits the occasion.
All graduates are to observe the following dress code:
- For Gentlemen: long-sleeved shirt with collar, a tie and dark-coloured long pants with dress shoes.
- For Ladies: long-sleeved shirt or blouse with collar, dark-coloured long pants or knee-length skirt with court shoes. It is not advisable to wear mini-skirts. For safety reasons, ladies are advised to wear shoes with comfortable heels.
- No casual pants/jeans, t-shirts, polo shirts, shorts, bermudas.
- No slippers, sneakers, canvas shoes, sports shoes, sandals.
- Please make arrangement to obtain your regalia in advance in order to have time to iron the gown prior to the ceremony.
- We strongly encourage you to iron your regalia for a smart and presentable look and for better effect on the photos taken on that day.
- Selfies and wefies are not permitted when graduates go on stage to collect their certificates.
- The Graduation attire must be worn as provided. Embellishment or variation to the attire are not allowed. Non-compliance may result in the graduates not being allowed on stage to receive their certificates.
- Proper decorum must be observed throughout the ceremony. Graduates should refrain from stunts and other inappropriate behaviour at the ceremony.
- As part of the safe management measures, all graduates are to keep their masks on throughout the whole Convocation ceremony. (Please ensure that the design of the mask that you wear on the ceremony day do not bear any offensive/obscene remarks or designs.)
Note: The Academic Regalia generally look good with a white shirt/blouse.
How to Wear the Academic Regalia
- The Academic Procession will enter the hall at the timings below for the respective sessions:
- Morning Session: 9.30am
- Afternoon Session: 2.00pm
- Evening Session: 6.00pm
- During the presentation of degree certificates, an usher will direct you and other graduands seated in the same row to line up at the side aisle.
- While you line up at the side aisle, you are required to show your graduate admission card to the usher for checking.
- After your graduate admission card has been verified, please place the card into a collection box before you approach the stage.
- When the presenter reads out your name, please move forward and receive your folder* from the SUSS Presiding Officer.
- After receiving your folder and/or award plaque/certificate, please pose for a photograph before proceeding down the staircase at the opposite side of the stage to return to your seats.
- Due to safe management measures, no handshakes or other forms of physical contact is allowed on stage during the presentation of graduate.
- Graduates are to keep their mask on during photography.
- *The folders given on stage are for photography purposes and will be collected back after the stage photography.