Meet the Head of Programme at our online dialogue session via Zoom and have your questions answered!
- Session SHBS-BG1: Monday, 12 Dec 2022, 7.00pm–8.00pm
[ Register now ]
The Graduate Diploma and Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics (TESOL – Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are advanced academic graduate programmes that provide the sound theoretical foundation and practical skills needed for a career in language teaching or other related work in educational contexts in Singapore or overseas.
The programmes cater to the needs of those currently working as language teachers, those who plan to work as language teachers in the future, and those who simply have a passion for language learning/teaching and would like to pursue further education in this field.
Unique Features of the Programme
- Curriculum suitable for language teachers of different backgrounds (from the public school system and tertiary institutions to the private sector such as international schools, language/enrichment centres)
- Emphasis on developing both theoretical knowledge and practical skills in teaching methodology and curriculum development suitable for the various TESOL contexts in Singapore as well as overseas
- Experienced and highly-qualified local and international faculty
- Flexibility of blended learning, with face-to-face seminars, online recorded lectures and other e-learning tools
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; therefore applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early.