Teaching adult learners and planning adult curriculum becomes increasingly complex in the 21st century, calling for teaching and learning going beyond the traditional pedagogy.
This programme affords opportunities for students to be equipped with the knowledge and skills for adult learning. Over and above the fundamentals of pedagogy and assessment practices, the programme will show how learning can be designed to accommodate different learner characteristics, preferences and goals, whilst leveraging on learning technologies.
Pitched to meet the demands and needs of current educators, this programme places emphasis on current trends in adult teaching and learning . Through courses offered, students will also be able to conduct their own critical inquiry in the field. Students wishing to embark and specialise in management studies or action research work, in relation to adult learning, are able to do so towards the end of the programme.
Taught by academics, this programme will broaden knowledge of key learning constructs, and deepen professional learning. It will also advance skillsets through critical inquiry and approaches.
Unique features of the programme:
- Designed to nurture a passion for inquiry in the area of adult learning. It allows students to contextualise their learning in a manner appropriate to their own practice.
- Offers a choice to embark on a specialisation track catered to one's interest
- Practitioner track, Leadership and Management track or Research track
- Offers a broad base knowledge and skills in adult teaching and learning.
- Offers a pathway for students to conduct a study of interest to his or her needs.
- Consisting of coursework, project work and/or action research, the Master’s level courses are designed to enhance professional skills and help students to acquire a deeper understanding of a specific area of knowledge.
This programme offers the following specialisations: