The SUSS’ 15 Years as One Wall Mural
Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition for the “SUSS’ 15 Years as One Wall Mural Project” (“Competition”) is open to all SUSS students, employees, associates and alumni.
SUBMISSION OF ARTWORK(S) FOR SUSS’ 15 YEARS AS ONE WALL MURAL
The submitted artwork(s) for the 15 Years as One Wall Mural Project (“Project”) should fulfil the following conditions:
- The submitted artwork(s) for the Project:
- expresses the SUSS “15 Years as One” theme, SUSS’s purpose and mission to society, or what it means to make your mark for the greater good;
- fulfils the following criteria for submission:
- File size limit: submitted file size must not be less than 10MB and not more than 50MB
- Dimensions: A3 size (297mm X 420mm); landscape format
- Resolution: Artwork must be at minimum 300dpi
- Acceptable formats: Artwork must be submitted in either JPEG, or TIFF only
- can be adapted to fit a wall (W9m x H3m) or other collaterals such as tote bags and t-shirts as detailed in the Project brief;
- does not contain any nudity, images and/or symbols that may be deemed offensive; and
- must be an original work created by the contestant, which intellectual property is solely owned by the contestant. Contestants should not submit artworks that have been offered for sale, published, have been entered or awarded any prize in previous wall mural competitions or have been exhibited publicly in any form, including online exhibitions. The submitted artwork must not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyright owned by any third party.
- Successful submissions will be confirmed by email. Only shortlisted Contestants will be required to submit the original file of the artwork (if applicable).
- The submitted artwork(s) for the Project should not:
- be offensive or defamatory of any third party; or
- cause SUSS to be viewed as:
- advocating for lifestyles seen as objectionable by the general public;
- insulting a person, group or class of individuals on the basis of race or religion;
- undermining the authority or legitimacy of the government and public institutions.
SUSS’ RIGHT OF FINAL DETERMINATION
- SUSS, through its appointed panel of judges, has the sole discretion to determine if the submitted artwork meets all the conditions set out in Clauses 2.1 and 2.2. The panel of judges’ decision is final.
- SUSS retains the rights to accept and feature the submitted artwork(s), including the right to make the final decision on the location for mounting and display of the artwork(s). For the runners up, the dimensions of their artwork may be resized. The judges’ decision is final.
- The contestant warrants that he/she is and shall be the sole legal and beneficial owner of the intellectual property rights subsisting in the submitted artwork(s).
- The contestant, by submitting the artwork(s), grants SUSS the rights to use and/or reproduce the artwork(s) free of charge and claim without time limit. The contestants shall grant SUSS, and where applicable, by any third party authorised by SUSS, a royalty-free, exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide right and licence to use and reproduce the submitted artwork(s), to use the intellectual property rights subsisting in the submitted artwork(s) for the purposes of operating, maintaining, developing, marketing and promoting the Project for the duration of the Project and thereafter without time limit.
- SUSS shall have the right to carry out recording, photography or filming of any part of the Project, including of the submitted artwork(s).
- SUSS shall solely and wholly own any and all intellectual property rights subsisting in any recording, photography or filming made by SUSS of any part of the Project and shall have the right to use any such recording, photography or filming for educational, marketing, advertisement and promotional activities relating to the Project. For the avoidance of doubt, this right shall allow the production of catalogues, posters, reports, brochures, promotional and reference material and their use on the SUSS internet sites, including, but not limited to, social media platforms, mobile applications, interactive kiosks and other multimedia platforms.
AGENCY, PARTNERSHIP ETC
- The submission of any artwork by a contestant shall not create any partnership, joint venture, agency or fiduciary relationship or other relationship between the contestant and SUSS, other than the agreement expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions. Neither SUSS nor the contestant shall have, nor represent that it has, any authority to make any commitments on the other party’s behalf.
- SUSS may vary these Terms and Conditions and other documents related to or provided in connection with the Project and the Competition at any time, provided that any variation of these Terms and Conditions will not have retrospective effect.
- SUSS reserves the right to review, withdraw or withhold any prizes if the contestant does not, in SUSS’ reasonable opinion, meet any of these Terms and Conditions.
- SUSS’ decision regarding artwork submissions and usage is final and no negotiation will be entered into
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance to Singapore laws and each of the parties hereto irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA
- SUSS and the contestants understand and acknowledge that during the Competition, contestants may be receiving Confidential Information from SUSS. “Confidential Information” refers to any written or oral confidential information, disclosed by SUSS to the contestant, to which the contestant may have access or of which the contestant may have knowledge in the course of the Competition.
- The contestant agrees that such Confidential Information will be used only for the purpose contemplated herein, and that (other than with prior written consent) all disclosures of Confidential Information by SUSS to the contestant remain confidential. For example, the contestant will not disclose any information regarding the winners until it is officially announced by SUSS.
- Upon discovery of any unauthorised use or disclosure of Confidential Information, or any breach of the obligations under this Clause, the contestant agrees to promptly notify SUSS and to cooperate with SUSS in every reasonable way to regain possession of the Confidential Information and reasonably prevent such further unauthorised use or disclosure. The contestant further agrees and acknowledges that all Confidential Information is and shall remain the property of SUSS.
- All personal details/information submitted on Woobox belongs to Woobox and is not the property of SUSS. Refer to link (How to Run GDPR Compliant Giveaways, Contests, and Quizzes) for more details.
- Contestant hereby consents to SUSS’ use of contestant’s personal data for purposes of the Project and the Competition. SUSS shall comply with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and/or any other personal data protection legislation (“PDPL”), as applicable, when handling personal data disclosed by contestant in connection with the Project and the Competition and, either at the request of contestant or as required under the PDPA and/or PDPL, destroy all such personal data.
- Neither SUSS nor the contestant shall have any liability under or be deemed to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions for any delays or failures in performance of its obligations herein that result from events that are beyond its reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”) (including, without limitation, acts of God, civil or military authority, civil disturbance, wars, riots, strikes, fires or other catastrophes), PROVIDED ALWAYS that the party so affected shall promptly notify the other party in writing when a Force Majeure Event causes any such delay or failure and when it ceases to do so. The party so affected shall resume that obligation as soon as the event occasioning the failure ceases or abates.
- If a Force Majeure Event continues for a continuous period of three (3) months, SUSS may at any time thereafter terminate the Letter of Offer and withdraw the Prize immediately upon giving notice in writing to the contestant.
CONTRACTS (RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES) ACT
- These Terms and Conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than SUSS and/or contestants). A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall not have any right pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act Cap. 53B of Singapore to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions herein.
HOW TO ENTER
- Contestants are to submit their entries through the submission portal at https://www.suss.edu.sg/we-are-15/call-for-entry.
- No title or identification of the contestant shall be made visible anywhere on the artwork.
- Once SUSS selects an artwork for the Competition, only that same image shall be eligible for the Competition. No reproduction or replacement of selected artwork shall be accepted.
- No late or incomplete entries will be accepted after the official closing date of 31 July 2020 (unless otherwise determined by SUSS at its sole discretion).
- It is the responsibility of the Contestants to ensure that all details provided are valid and free of error. Submissions with inaccurate information or inappropriate content will be disqualified. It is also the sole responsibility of the Contestants to obtain the consent of any third parties where so necessary.
- Contestants cannot submit the same image more than once; however, contestants may submit multiple entries as long as each submission is original and meets all the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions.
SUSS COMMUNITY VOTING
- SUSS shall (at its sole discretion) select artwork for the Competition. Shortlisted artworks will be made available on the microsite from 1 August 2020 until 31 December 2020.
- The SUSS Community will be able to vote for their favourite artwork. The SUSS Community will be encouraged to vote for as many artworks that resonate most to them along the theme of “SUSS “15 Years as One”; SUSS’ purpose and mission to society, or what it means to make your mark for the greater good”.
- Online votes shall make up 20% of an entry’s final score in the Competition.
- SUSS reserves all rights to judge and determine the winners based on the following elements:
- Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer (30%)
- Creativity and originality of the depicted theme (30%)
- Quality of the artistic composition and the overall design based on the theme (20%)
- Online voting (20%)
- No failure on the part of SUSS to exercise, and no delay on its part in exercising, any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. The rights provided under these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect, that legality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect as if such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provisions were severed from these Terms and Conditions.
- No contestant may use the name, or any proprietary marks, of SUSS without SUSS’ prior written approval, which approval may be granted or withheld at SUSS’ sole discretion.