"Free" modular courses for eligible Singapore University of Social Sciences graduates under theScheme
Eligible Singapore University of Social Sciences graduates can enjoy a maximum of two (2) "free" modular courses (up to 10 Credit Units) at the University taken within two years after graduation. This scheme encourages our new graduates to continue on the learning path they have taken in a mode that they are familiar with. The scheme will be in place from the second semester of 2016 and will apply to graduates who have completed their degree programmes as of July 2014. The terms of the scheme are as follows:
1. Who is eligible and what is the eligibility period?
- All graduates who have completed their undergraduate degree programmes as of July 2014.
- E.g. Graduated in July 2017, the following four consecutive semesters will count as eligibility periods:
- January Semester, 2018
- July Semester, 2018
- January Semester, 2019
- July Semester, 2019
2. How many "free" modular courses may each eligible graduate apply for?
- The scheme will apply to a maximum of two courses (up to 10 Credit Units) per graduate. A graduate (the 'learner') must take the courses within four consecutive semesters following the semester when the student graduates.
3. What other cost is involved?
(*Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to adjust the application fee without prior notice)
- Applicants applying for the eligible courses will need to pay a non-refundable *application fee at the prevailing rate of $64.20
4. What courses qualify as "eligible courses"?
- Click here for the list of "eligible courses".
5. How many seats are available for each course under this scheme?
- A limited number of seats will be made available for each course in a semester. Seats will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. What will be awarded on successful completion of a course?
- Upon the successful completion of the course, a course certificate will be issued, together with the relevant credit units for that course. Credit units may be used to gain credit recognition for a full undergraduate degree programme at Singapore University of Social Sciences. (Terms and Conditions apply)
- Where a course is completed without fulfilling the assessment requirements, a certificate of participation will be issued.
7. What are the conditions for taking the courses?
- The learner must be enrolled as a credit student.
- Learners who have previously received government funding for a course are not eligible for further funding for the same course.
- Learners will adhere to the rules and regulations of study at the University. Pertinent information about the learner will be used by Singapore University of Social Sciences to claim any available funding.
- Learners are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Learners are required to complete all surveys and feedbacks related to the course.
8. How do applicants apply for the "eligible courses"?
- Applicants can click here to register and apply for the courses online.
- Applicants are required to tick against the "Student is SIM Alumni" status box and key in "Claim for ACE+ Scheme" under "Sponsorship" Column during registration.
- Within one week after registration, applicants are to produce the original and a photocopy of the following documents for verification at Singapore University of Social Sciences, 463 Clementi Road, Singapore 599494, Student Recruitment Department, Blk C Level 1.
- Operating Hours: 8:30am to 7:30pm (Mon-Fri), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Sat)
- 1 recent colour passport-sized photograph
- 1 copy of letter of employment signed by your HR/immediate supervisor, or 1 copy of your latest computerised payslip, or 24 months CPF statement, or certification completion of NS
Course Application Periods
January Semester Courses: From mid Oct to end November
July Semester Courses: From mid April to end May
ACE+ scheme applicants are not required to submit their educational qualifications (specified in the auto-generated acknowledgement reply).
For more information on CET registration and related matters, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org