Ready to take your startup to the next level? Confident to attract funding for your business? It’s time to learn more about Alibaba Cloud - SUSS Certificate/Minor in Entrepreneurship.
- Launched in July 2017 semester: 40 cu Certificate/Minor in Entrepreneurship in partnership with Alibaba Cloud
- Students need to secure funding for their business to attain the 40 cu Certificate/Minor
- Programme includes:
- Introduction to cloud computing by Alibaba Cloud
- Option to read any SUSS CET courses* that startups deem relevant
- Unlimited free Alibaba cloud credit* for the duration of this programme
- Mentorship by Alibaba Cloud, C-level industry experts and advisors
- No course fee
* Terms and Conditions apply.
|Application period to enter the programme
||1 to 31 December 2017|
|Announcement of shortlisted teams
||12 January 2018|
|Pitch dates for shortlisted teams
||17 and 20 January 2018 (TBC)|
|Announcement of teams accepted into the programme
||26 January 2018|
|Accepted teams launch celebration
|Alibaba Cloud - SUSS course on cloud computing, Big Data and AI
|Pitch to a panel of investors to pass the programme
||April 2018 and October 2018|
|Announcement of teams awarded the 40 CU Certificate/Minor
||After signed copy of investment/funding/grant agreement has been provided and teams have pitched successfully|
Admission Eligibility Criteria
1. Who can apply:
Students who have developed a working prototype or are running their own startups, including
- Current SUSS students fulltime or part-time from any cohort and any programme
- Current students of other IHLs
- Current Local Polytechnic students above 18 years of age
- Members of the public who fulfil CET admission eligibility criteria
- A group of students who is working for the same startup or business proposal, may select a maximum of 3 students to apply for this programme
- In addition, please make sure that at least one team member is either:
- Current SUSS student (Full-time, Part-time or CET) or
- Singaporean or PR
2. How to apply:
- Non-SUSS and current SUSS part-time/CET students may upload this application form to the online registration here.
- Current SUSS part-time students to write to email@example.com with your full name and NRIC number before proceeding with the online registration
- Current SUSS full-time students may submit this application form to UCStudents@suss.edu.sg and indicate in the subject line: “Application for Alibaba Cloud-SUSS Certificate/Minor in Entrepreneurship”
- Teams that have selected more than 1 team member to apply for this programme, need to submit their application individually and may attach the same application form.
3. Assessment criteria for business proposal applications:
- Uniqueness of business concept
- Feasibility of business model
- Strength of management team
- Potential market value
- Working prototype (preferred)
- Social impact (preferred)
Assessment criteria to receive 40 cu Certificate/Minor
- Participation in cloud computing course by Alibaba Cloud
- Participation in pitch to investors organised by SUSS and Alibaba Cloud
- Startups secured funding from anyone of the following:
- Venture Capitalist
- Angel Investor
- Incubator Program
- Accelerator Program
- Government grants or incentives
Alibaba Cloud - SUSS Course Content
- Introduction to Cloud Computing - Understand the core tenets to be considered when designing & deploying to a cloud
- Introduction to Alibaba Cloud Offerings
- Big Data - Detailed view of the data processing and machine learning capabilities. This course showcases the ease, flexibility, and power of big data solutions on Alibaba Cloud
- Security - Detailed view of the security offerings in Alibaba Cloud and how they could benefit the business worldwide
- Connectivity - Connectivity offerings from Alibaba Cloud and how to leverage the benefits and Go China
Alibaba Cloud-SUSS Certificate/Minor in Entrepreneurship is supported by the following industry experts and startup advisors:
Credit recognition for students who pass the programme
1. Current SUSS students with Minor:
- May take the Entrepreneurship Certificate/Minor as a 40 cu Minor.
- The 40 cu will count towards the student’s graduating requirement.
- There is no grade, thus CGPA is not affected.
2. Current SUSS students without Minor:
- May take the Entrepreneurship Certificate/Minor as a 40 cu Certificate or in some cases use the 40 cu partially to replace their programme’s electives.
- Interested students may register their interest here to find out which courses may be replaced.
- There is no grade, thus CGPA is not affected.
3. Non-SUSS students:
- May apply and receive a 40 cu Entrepreneurship Certificate.
- Should they be admitted into an SUSS undergraduate degree programme, this may be counted as a Minor.
There is no course fee.
Registration fee to apply for this programme is $64.20 (inclusive of GST) for an e-application (payable online only) per person.
Registration fee is non-refundable.
Non-SUSS and current SUSS part-time/CET students may upload this application form to the online application here.