The SUSS Analytics & Visualisation Challenge 2019 will be held on the SUSS campus (463 Clementi Rd, Singapore 599494) on 12 September 2019 from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Submissions can be made for teams of up to 4 students (no minimum number). Each team may comprise students from different schools and polytechnics.
The submission dateline is Friday 26 July 2019 (11.59pm). The submission must include a completed registration form and a one-page poster in a PDF format. The poster will represent a summary of the analytics and/or visualisation work completed by the team. The work may include
- an extension of a previously completed school project or assignment;
- a proposal for an idea on how to use analytics or visualisation to address an issue of interest,
and can be as simple as
- a new graphical approach to present certain information;
- an application of analytics in any domain.
In short, we welcome all submission related to the theme of visualisation and/or analytics. Typed, computer generated, or hand sketched outputs are acceptable!
Please submit your registration form and poster in PDF format through your team leader to YXZjMjAxOUBzdXNzLmVkdS5zZw== by 11.59pm, 26 July 2019. For participants under the age of 18, please submit the "Under 18 Consent and Waiver Form".
What happens after submission?
You will receive an email acknowledging your entry. Accepted submissions will be invited for a poster exhibition and selected teams will be invited for a further live presentation at the Challenge.
The entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Originality of idea.
- Quality of the poster displayed.
- Quality of argumentation (story).
- Soundness of the idea presented.