What is the value of a local, overseas or virtual internship? What do students stand to gain in each of these? How might these experiences improve one's employability? These questions and more will be explored in this session.
In the first segment, Angels and Devils presents students' stories about their internship experiences and invites you to ponder on these questions. Come with your views, personal anecdotes and word from the grapevine and let’s take a crack at finding answers to these common questions asked by undergraduates thinking of doing their internship.
In the second segment, Professional Exchange invites you to connect with our Career Mentors and share with us your good practices working with students on their internship or planning their careers.
- Dr Priscilla Pang, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Experiential Learning, SUSS
- Mr Raymond Lo, Specialist, Career Development Office, SUSS
- Overseas Work Attachment (WA) Student, Ms Cindy Yeo, Student Presenter, SUSS
- Virtual Internship Programme Student, Mr Terence Lim, Student Presenter, SUSS
- Local Work Attachment (WA) Student, Ms Hannah Ee, Student Presenter, SUSS
People are increasingly looking for effective leaders who can lead a team, an organization or a country to navigate this fast changing and complex world. Leadership development is a key programme in higher educational institutions as we prepare our young people for success in life. As we design youth leadership programmes, important questions must be considered: "What makes good leaders?", "How do we develop good leaders" and "How do we know our leadership programmes are effective"? Hear from our presenters the philosophy, institutional framework, evaluation methods and matrixes of their leadership development programmes. Join us in learning, sharing and contributing actively to the discourse of youth leadership development.
- Ms Yeo Lay, Head, Office of Student Life, SUSS
- Dr Sze Chun Chau, Director, Student Experiential Learning, NTU
- Mrs Zoe Peters, Director, Student Life, SIT
- Mr Kitratiprasan Kanaphat, Assistant Director (Programmes), Youth Corps Singapore
- Mr Harminder Singh, Deputy Head, Office of Student Life, SUSS
- Ms Tan Yock Theng, Programme Manager, Yale-NUS
- Ms Petrina Yui-Sing Loh, Senior Manager, Student Organizations & Leadership, Yale-NUS