Register for our programme briefing session at the SUSS Open House on 25 Feb 2023 (Sat) to have your queries answered by our faculty on campus. Meanwhile, do visit our Open House webpage at your own time to read our student and employer testimonials, or watch specially curated videos on our video wall to experience SUSS through our people.
[ Register now ]
Human Factors (also known as ergonomics) is concerned with how people interact with technology, and how their physical and operational environments affect them. It is the study of the capabilities and limitations of people applied to the design of systems, products and work environments to ensure that people are safe and healthy at work and are also able to perform effectively and efficiently.
The BSc Human Factors in Safety (BHFSY) programme covers key knowledge and skills in both the Human Factors discipline and Workplace Safety and Health (WSH). You will be equipped with knowledge on the variability of human characteristics (age, size, strength, sensory and cognitive ability, prior experience, expectations and goals, etc.) and the complexities of technologies and work processes, and organisational contexts. You will learn how to analyse and control Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) hazards, understand various safety and risk management systems, perform and report on WSH audit and investigate workplace accidents. You will also be armed with knowledge on how to evaluate and design or redesign equipment, workplaces, environments and systems to improve safety, health, performance and satisfaction using human factors principles and methodology.
SAF students may pursue Human Factors in Safety in combination with the Minor in Military Studies.
Unique Features of the Programme
- Distinctive Workplace Safety and Health programme with strong focus on Human Factors.
- Unique programme that combines both Human Factors and Safety courses.
- Rigorous curriculum governed by strong internal and external quality assurance.
- Earn SDU points for WSH Officers and CPD points for FSMs.
- Prepares you for an exciting and rewarding career in Human Factors and WSH.
- Flexible curriculum designed for working adults.
Accreditation & Recognition
- Recognised by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower for WSH Officer registration.
- Accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), UK.