Next Available Intakes: 18 - 19 March 2021
Duration: 1.5 days
Venue: Singapore University of Social Sciences/Online
This course aims to equip small online business owners the basic knowledge of marketing so as to develop their understanding of the importance and the application of marketing concepts within an online, small business environment.
The unique feature of this course is that, rather than focusing on abstract theorizing of marketing philosophy at the multinational corporation level, it is designed to train learners to operationalise marketing concepts at the small business level. Through a workshop style learning approach, learners will be trained to execute marketing initiatives for their own online businesses, thereby adding to the realism of the course.
In doing so, participants can apply their skills from this course to enhance their business programmes and through time, uplift their online business performance.
Business development managers, sales managers, marketing managers, and business executives operating in an e-commence environment, as well as owners of small, online businesses would benefit from this course.
- Understanding the foundations of marketing: why it matters for small business
- Understanding consumer behaviour: the impact on small online business
- Understanding the online eco-system: the benefits for small online business
- Leveraging social media to enhance online business performance
A. Knowledge and Understanding (Theory Component)
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand why the basic concepts of the 4Ps of marketing is important even for small online business
- Appreciate branding factors such as brand personality and how these can help build a strong brand name for small online business
- Recognise the impact of consumer’s behaviour on business performance
- Understand the impact of social media on business performance
B. Key Skills (Practical Component)
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Apply marketing concepts to help enhance business performance
- Utilise branding concepts to establish their online identity
- Respond to consumers’ needs to improve business performance
- Hands on experience with various social media platforms (WIX, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook)
Please refer to the schedule here.
- Attendees have to bring along their own laptop
Dr. Jimmy Wong
BBus, MBA, PhD.
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Prior to his academic career, Dr. Wong worked for various corporations across a wide range of industries including FMCG, electronics, and pharmaceutical. His expertise in the area of sales and marketing management was developed during his employment at multinational companies such as Unilever and Johnson & Johnson. To enhance his skills, he pursued an MBA program at Nanyang Business School (NTU) in Singapore followed by a PhD in Consumer Research at the University of Illinois (USA). Since then, Dr. Wong had lectured in different universities across the USA, Australia, and Singapore, and his research was published in various business journals including Journal of Services Research and the European Journal of Marketing. Now, lecturing in SUSS, he continues to participate in part-time consulting projects with local enterprisesand adopts an industry-led approach in his classes.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Application form
|International Participants||S'poreans (aged below 40) and PRs||SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy1|
(S'poreans aged 40 and above)
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs2|
|Full Course fee (A)||$700||$700||$700||$700|
|SSG grant (70%) (B)||-||($490)||($490)||($490)|
|Nett course fee (A) - (B) = (C)||$700||$210||$210||$210|
|7% GST on nett course fee (D)||$49||$14.70||$14.70||$14.70|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST (C) + (D) = (E)||$749.00||$224.70||$224.70||$224.70|
|Less additional funding if eligible under various schemes (F)||-||-||($140)||($140)|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes (E) - (F) = (G)||$749||$224.70||$84.70||$84.70|
1 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy: Singaporeans aged 40 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
2 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs: SME-sponsored employees (Singaporean Citizens and PRs) aged 21 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and feedbacks related to the course
- The course fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. The University reserves the right to adjust the course fees without prior notice.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice
For clarification, please contact the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) via the following:
Telephone: +65 6248 0263