Next Available Intakes:15 April, 10 July & 30 October 2024Level: Advanced
Venue: Singapore University of Social Sciences
Is your organization ready to go up to the cloud? For organizations considering their first cloud migration, there are many factors that you will need to take into account, from choosing a cloud service model, deployment model, and setting out cloud requirements, to selecting a cloud vendor which is right for your business, the transition tasks involved, and looking into the operations and improvements. In this 2nd instalment of Cloud Computing for Managers, we provide a seven-step process for managers to move your organization's applications and data to the cloud.
The workshop session will have participants placed in groups to discuss potential issues faced by an SME in moving applications to the cloud. Groups will present their findings followed by instructor-led discussions
- Singapore laws / regulatory requirement and the cloud
- Seven step process to move to the cloud
- Step 1: selecting the service model
- Step 2: selecting the deployment model
- Step 3: cloud requirements (RFQ)
- Step 4: selecting cloud vendor
- Step 5: transition tasks
- Step 6: operations
- Step 7: continuous improvement
- Presence in the cloud
- Federated Identity management
- Service level agreement (SLA)
- Cloud and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cloud as a Utility
- Overview of multi-tier cloud security standards
- ASSESSMENT (QUIZ)
Francis Mahendran has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a Masters in Software Engineering from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and a Specialist diploma in IT Security from Nanyang Polytechnic. He is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt (Motorola), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified SCRUM Master (CSM) and also a Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA). His key specializations are IT Governance, Process & Quality Assurance, Secure Software Development, Cybersecurity, Cloud Migration Process, Quality Management Frameworks (CMMI, ITIL, ISO 27000), assessments and audits. Francis has led Motorola Software Centre, Singapore to CMMI Level 5 certification in 2005.
Francis Mahendran was the lead architect of the Motorola Secure Software Development Model (MSSDM). Francis was instrumental in creating the MSSDM and also deploying the model across all Motorola Software Centres globally. MSSDM was presented at the Software Engineering Institute’s CMMI conference, 2006 (Nashville) and in 2007 (Texas).
Francis lectures at various Universities and polytechnics. He is an adjunct lecturer at SUSS.
His areas of training and lecturing include, Secure Software Development Model, Cybersecurity, QA for SCRUM, Project Management using Agile, SCRUM Metrics and burndown analysis, Auditing agile, Cloud Migration, Data Analytics, Business Information Technology, Computer Architecture and Operating Systems.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Application form
1 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy: Singaporeans aged 40 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
2 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs: SME-sponsored employees (Singaporean Citizens and PRs) aged 21 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
3 Additional subsidy for Singaporeans: With effect from 1 January 2023, the GST rate will be revised from 7% to 8%. There will be no fee increase for Singaporeans taking SSG subsidized course(s) from 1 January to 31 December 2023.
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and feedbacks related to the course.
- The course fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. The University reserves the right to adjust the course fees without prior notice.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice.
For clarification, please contact the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) via the following:
Telephone: +65 6248 0263