Meet the Head of Programme at our online dialogue session via Zoom and have your questions answered.
- Session SST-AG1: Monday, 2 October 2023, 6.30pm - 7.30pm
The Built Environment sector is an essential and irreplaceable segment of the Singapore economy. Even in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is still projected growth and the need to hire remains strong. This is due to the need for skilled professionals to support the Industry Transformation Map (ITM) and embrace sustainability, productivity, digitalisation and new technology.
The Graduate Diploma in Project Management (GDPM) programme will incorporate both technical (sustainability, design for manufacture and assembly, productivity and integrated digital delivery) and managerial (project, risk, finance, asset, and facility) aspects of the Built Environment sector. The programme aims to equip both in-service and career transition personnel with new skills and competencies to embrace the transformative shift and deliver large scale projects in a sustainable manner.
The programmes are fashioned in a stackable and modular way so that students can choose to study individual courses which can be accumulated to obtain a graduate certificate, a graduate diploma or a full master's degree. This flexible arrangement will benefit busy working adults who may not be able to commit a long period of time to obtain a full graduate qualification.
Students who are interested in getting a master’s degree should apply for direct admission into the Master of Built Environment (MBE-SPE) or Master of Management (MMGT).
Students who signed up for GDPM and are interested to proceed to master’s degree should wait for the letter of invitation which will be sent out after the release of all the results from their GD courses (stackable pathway).
Unique Features of the Programme
- Each course is modular and self-contained.
- Course instructors are experienced senior practitioners from the industry.
- The Graduate Diploma in Project Management (GDPM) is stackable from the Graduate Certificate in Project Management (GCPM), and students may choose to proceed to either the Master of Management (MMGT-PM) or Master of Built Environment (MBE-SPE). This is in line with the nation's emphasis on stackable credentials to facilitate lifelong learning.
- Some of the modular courses can qualify for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points to fulfil accreditation requirements for the Society of Project Managers (SPM) or the Singapore Contractors Association Limited (SCAL).