International Students

SUSS offers a selected list of graduate programmes for international students who are on Student's Pass.

Graduate Programmes by Research

Master's and Doctoral by research programmes consist of some coursework and a thesis/dissertation based on an applied research project.

Available graduate programmes by research are:

Master's by research programme
Doctoral degree programmes

Graduate Programmes by Coursework

Graduate Diploma and Master's by coursework programmes can be obtained by completing all the prescribed courses in the programme.

Available graduate programme by coursework is:

Graduate Diploma
Master's by coursework programme

Student's Pass

All international students are required to hold a valid Student's Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Your offer of admission to SUSS is conditional upon your successful application of your Student's Pass. Please refer to the requirements on ICA's website.

You need to apply for your Student's Pass via ICA's SOLAR system. Upon approval, you will be issued the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter, which you can download and print from the SOLAR system.

For international students who do not require an entry visa to Singapore, you will only need to show your passport and disembarkation card to get through Singapore immigration.

For international students who require an entry visa to Singapore, the IPA letter will serve as a single-trip entry visa upon arrival in Singapore. Please show your passport, disembarkation card and the IPA letter to the Duty Officer at the Immigration Checkpoint when arriving Singapore. You will be issued a short term Social Visit Pass.

Overstaying is a punishable offence under the Immigration Act. You are to take note of the expiry dates of the IPA letter/Social Visit Pass and complete the formalities in getting the Student's Pass before the period of stay expires. It is also your responsibility to apply for an extension of the Student's Pass at least one (1) month before it expires. An international student is deemed to be residing illegally in Singapore if he/she does not have a valid Student's Pass.

According to the conditions stated by ICA, an international student must surrender the Student's Pass within 7 days of the date of cessation or termination of studies. Those who surrender at ICA (Visitor Services Centre, ICA Building Level 4) will be granted a short term visit pass to allow them to exit the country. If you intend to leave Singapore upon completion of your studies, you may surrender it with a cancellation form to the Immigration Officer at the checkpoint. For students who are overseas, you may return the Student's Pass and cancellation form to ICA by registered post to the following address:

Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
Singapore 208718

Additional Measures due to the COVID-19 Situation

All existing Student's Pass (STP) holders, and those who have been granted In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter for STP, who are planning to enter or return to Singapore must obtain an Entry Approval before commencing your journey to Singapore. Students arriving in Singapore without an Entry Approval cannot proceed with immigration clearance.

All Entry Approval applications for STP and STP-IPA holders will be managed by the Safe Travel Office (STO) under the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

STP and STP-IPA holders may apply for approval to enter Singapore via the Student's Pass Holder Lane (STPHL) application portal. You are strongly encouraged to check ICA's SafeTravel website for the latest entry requirements, health controls and self-help tool to identify the most appropriate travel lane(s) for entry into Singapore.

You may refer to the Guide to Applying for Entry Approval to help you through the application process, call the Safe Travel Enquiries Helpline at +65 6812 5555 (operating from 8.30am – 12.00am daily), or write to STO using the enquiry form if you need further assistance.

Travellers planning to travel into Singapore should exercise advanced planning as entry approvals are subject to government agencies' approval. You must comply with the prevailing border control measures and public health requirements, and should factor in time for required quarantine order (if any, depending on country of departure), as well semester commencement date. Refer to the SafeTravel website for the latest measures and requirements.


The TraceTogether programme and mobile app are developed to support Singapore's efforts to combat COVID-19 by enabling community-driven contact tracing. The app works by using Bluetooth signals to record other nearby TraceTogether devices.

You will need to use the app to scan the SafeEntry QR code in order to enter most venues in Singapore. More information on TraceTogether can be found here.


SUSS do not offer on campus residential places or hostels. Refer to the accommodation options here.

Estimated Living Expenses

The estimated living expenses in Singapore vary across individuals. You may use EDB's Cost of Living Calculator for an estimate based on your lifestyle preferences.

Back to top

Assessment for Graduate Studies

Back to top