Department: S R Nathan School of Human Development
Closing Date: 31 July 2019
Singapore University of Social Sciences invites applications for full-time faculty positions in our Counselling, Expressive Arts Therapies and Professional Life-coaching programmes. Singapore University of Social Sciences is Singapore’s only local university that caters to working adults.
The Bachelor of Counselling is designed to equip graduates with strong foundations in the theories and techniques in professional counselling, and to function proficiently in practice as a professional counsellor. As the only counselling degree programme offered by a local university, this programme prepares graduates to function as professional counsellors in the local environment.
The Graduate Diploma in Professional Life-coaching aims to provide life-coaching education for degree holders who wish to prepare for a career in professional life-coaching, and for others who can benefit from life-coaching education in their current careers. Professional life-coaching is empowering for persons in careers like counselling, social work, teaching, human resource management, business, psychology, and those in leadership positions.
The Graduate Diploma in Expressive Arts Therapy explores the therapeutic function of various art forms like play, art, mind and body work, narrative and storytelling. Through these in-depth opportunities, professionals could employ expressive arts therapy to combine psychology and the creative process to promote emotional growth and healing. The programme creates new connections with emerging Asian models of expressive arts therapy in India and Hong Kong. It presents a psychological approach that is humanistic in orientation.
We are looking for dynamic and experienced educators to join our team.
- Develop course materials and assessments
- Teach courses in both face-to-face and online environments
- Recruit and advise students
- Mentor students
- Establish a research agenda for active engagement in research to inform practice
- Engage in national initiatives to improve the quality of counselling and therapy practices
- Serve on internal and external committees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants should have an earned doctorate in counselling, arts therapy, life-coaching or a related field. ABDs are expected to have completed their doctoral studies when the appointment commences. In addition, we are looking for candidates who:
- Are keen to develop an innovative teacher education programme that addresses the theory-practice nexus and issues related to human agency, social equity and cultural diversity.
- Have successful experience teaching in counselling, arts therapy, or life-coaching programmes.
- Have successful working experience in the counselling, therapy or life-coaching settings.
- Are fluent in English and able to model good communication skills.
- Are able to engage in collaborative work.
How to Apply:
Please send the Summary of Candidate form together with your full resume, including qualifications, work experience, current & expected salaries and contact number(s) to am9pbl91c19mYWN1bHR5QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn. Please indicate "NSHD - Full-time Academic Position" in the email subject title.
(Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and the terms and conditions offered will be based on the individual's qualifications and experience.)