Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International Students with the following education backgrounds:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Passes in at least 2 H2 content-based subjects and General Paper (GP) in the same sitting, a pass in Project Work (PW), and a pass in an H1 contrasting subject.
|Polytechnic Diploma from Singapore|
Advanced diplomas / specialist diplomas / conversion diploma / part-time diploma / CET diploma / certificate courses cannot be considered for the purpose of full-time programme admission.
- A 3-year full-time diploma from Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic or Temasek Polytechnic.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A diploma from an IB School.
NUS High School Diploma
- A diploma from NUS High School.
International and Other Qualifications
- A minimum of 12 years of completed formal education (view the list of acceptable International Qualifications), and
- One of the following standardised tests: SAT^ or ACT# (with writing test). SAT/ACT score must be obtained within the last 5 years at point of application.
^ For SAT, we require a minimum score of 1,900 (test taken before May 2016) or 1,260 (test taken after May 2016). You may submit your SAT scores directly to SUSS (recommended) or through SAT. Our Institution Code for SAT is 7382. All scores should be submitted to SUSS by 31 March of the admission year. For more information on SAT, please visit http://sat.collegeboard.org/home.
# For ACT, we require a total score of 28 and a Writing Score of 24 (test taken before September 2016) or 8 (test taken after September 2016). All scores should be submitted to SUSS by 31 March of the admission year. For more information on ACT, please visit http://www.act.org/.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo one or more interviews and/or take written admission or other evaluation tests as may be prescribed by SUSS from time to time.
All applications are considered individually on merit, and the offer of admission is dependent on the number of places available in individual programmes. Admission is solely at the discretion of SUSS and the decision is final and binding. SUSS reserves the right to refuse admission and is not obliged to offer an explanation for the non-admission of unsuccessful candidates.
You need to meet one of the following MTL requirements if you have the following education background:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level / NUS High School Diploma
- Minimum of D7 for the higher MTL paper taken at the GCE 'O' Level examination.
- Minimum of 'S' grade for the H1 MTL paper or General Studies in Chinese.
- Minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 paper taken at the GCE 'A' Level examination.
- Pass in the MTL 'B' Syllabus paper at the GCE 'A' Level examination.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Pass in SL/HL MTL A or B paper at IBDP Examination.
If you have been exempted from MTL, the MOE-approved subject-in-lieu will be considered as your MTL subject.
For those who are exempted from MTL requirement, please submit your MTL exemption letter issued by MOE to the Full-time Admissions office no later than 30 June in the year of admission.
Applicants who have not satisfied the requirements above may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be required to attain the MTL requisite within the period of their University study before being permitted to graduate from the University.
If you do not have a Grade C6 in GCE 'O' level English Language (or equivalent), you may be required to take additional test(s) and/or English Language proficiency course(s).
Applicants with qualifications where English is not the medium of instruction are required to submit an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5, or a PTE Academic score of 58, or a C1 Advanced score of 180. Test scores must be obtained within the last 2 years at point of admission. All results must be submitted to SUSS by 31 May of the admission year.
Male applicants who have yet to enlist or are currently enlisted in the National Service may have their places reserved for up to two years, if they are successful in their application.
Adult Learners Scheme
From AY2020, SUSS will offer a new admission pathway for adult learners to pursue full-time undergraduate programmes under the Adult Learners (AL) scheme. A limited number of places are set aside for adult learners under the AL scheme.
Adult learners must fulfil the following conditions to be admitted under the AL scheme:
- Must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident;
- Be at least 25 years old in the year of matriculation;
- Meet the admission criteria1; and
- Possess at least four years of full-time working experience2.
1 Consideration will be given to the applicant’s working experience and the relevance of the working experience to the chosen course of study.
2 Excludes National Service (for male applicants), but exceptions could be made for those with relevant National Service experience.