Financial Aid

Financial Aid for Graduate Studies Students

There are various types of financial aid available to students who need financial assistance.

The following organisations offer study loans. You may contact them directly to apply:

The Ling Kin Huat, Goh Hock San and Lim Swee Hai Study Award is provided to students with financial needs and whom are enrolled in the Master of Gerontology programme.


To be eligible for the study award, students must meet the following requirements:

  • Possess good academic standing of at least a CGPA of 3.0
  • Preference will be given to students with financial need; monthly household per capita income below $2,500

Value of the Grant

Each study award is valued at S$7,500 and tenable for one academic year.

How to Apply

Application Period
January Semester: 1 August to 15 September
July Semester: 1 February to 15 March

To apply, you need to submit your e-application together with the supporting documents by one of the stipulated closing dates. Applications without supporting documents will be deemed as incomplete and will not be processed.

The following grants are offered by NCSS:

  • The PDS – Social Work and Psychology grants provide fundings for in-service Social Service Agency's staff to acquire their first recognised social work and psychology qualifications to become registered Social Workers and Psychologists. It includes the Graduate Diploma in Social Work/Bachelor of Social Work/approved Masters in Psychology programmes.
  • The PDS - Other Social Service-related Graduate and Post Graduate Studies grants provide training subsidies for other local direct social-work related programmes such as the Masters of Counselling/Master of Social Work/Bachelor of Psychology etc.

More information can be found at the PCG website.

The Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA) scheme helps parents save for their children's post-secondary education by maintaining a Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) for each eligible child. This is part of the Government's efforts to encourage every Singaporean to complete his post-secondary education. It also underscores the Government's commitment to support families in investing in the future education of their children, and to prepare them for the economy of the future. PSEA is not a bank account. It is administered by the Ministry of Education and is open automatically for all eligible Singaporeans.

Students may apply to use their own or their siblings' PSEA to pay fees to be incurred at Singapore University of Social Sciences, among other approved institutions.

Edusave Account balances of students, if any, will be transferred to their PSEA. You can visit the MOE PSEA Scheme website to find out more details on the PSEA Scheme. To find out your PSEA balance, you can call the PSEA/Edusave enquiry line at +65 6260 0777 or contact MOE at

MOE has introduced online application for use of PSEA Ad Hoc Withdrawal.

For student using his/her own PSEA account OR using his/her siblings’ PSEA account, click here to submit Ad Hoc Withdrawal Form via FormSG using SingPass.

(Student below 21 years old at the point of submission, a parent/ legal guardian is required to submit the online application on your behalf.)

Guide to applying PSEA Ad Hoc Withdrawal Online Application can be found here.

View FAQs on PSEA

In support of Singapore's continued focus in encouraging marriage and parenthood, all part-time adult students will qualify for two free courses when they get married or have children during their programme of study.


  • They must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
  • They must have registered their marriage on or after the implementation date of the scheme, which is 23 July 2018 and during their programme of study
  • Their child/children must be born/adopted on or after the implementation date of the scheme, which is 23 July 2018 and during their programme of study

Both husband and wife are eligible for the scheme individually, if they are both students of SUSS.

Download Application Form

Terms & Conditions

You are advised to read the Terms and Conditions before applying for the Marriage and Baby Bonus Scheme.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

View FAQs on Marriage and Baby Bonus Scheme.

The SUSS Student Care Fund aims to provide contingency financial grant for students facing sudden or immediate financial hardship, arising from unexpected family and life situations.


  • Current SUSS undergraduate and graduate students
  • Requires assistance with living expenses due to sudden occurrence of any of the following by the main income contributor and/or co-contributor:
 Situation Supporting documents
Retrenchment / Involuntary no pay leave / Dismissal / Lay off
Company’s letter or email to prove that main contributor and/or co-contributor is/are affected by retrenchment, involuntary no pay leave, dismissal or lay off
DemiseDeath certificate
Debilitating health issuesMedical documents (e.g. official medical bills, appointment letters etc.)
Incidents which affect main and/or co-contributor’s ability to provide income and/or sudden increase in essential living expensesDocuments detailing incidents which affect main and/or co-contributor’s ability to provide income and/or sudden increase in essential living expenses
Other hardship circumstances to be assessed on a case-by-case basisOther documents on hardship circumstances as deemed relevant

Value of the Grant

The value of the grant for each eligible recipient is $1,000 which will be given as outright cash via PayNow (NRIC). 

Terms & Conditions

You are advised to read the Terms and Conditions before applying.

How to Apply

Application for SUSS Student Care Fund is open all year round.  To apply, please click here to submit your online application with supporting documents. Applications without supporting documents would be considered incomplete and will not be processed.

Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email within 2 weeks of your application.

The University reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions for the grant or to terminate this financial aid at its sole discretion without prior notice.

Back to top
Back to top