Many of the wicked problems in society today require interconnected and interdependent perspectives and collective collaboration. We enable students to thrive in a VUCA world by equipping them with interdisciplinary & experiential learning tools and processes, enabling students to synthesize knowledge from multiple disciplines to address complex issues. Above all, we deepen student' socio-cultural competence and social responsibility to the local and global community through sustainable, reciprocal engagement with partners on real-world issues.
Experiential Learning is committed to:
- Supporting all SUSS students to master interdisciplinary and experiential learning tools & processes to address complex multi-faceted issues in the real world
- Institutional global learning and service-learning pedagogies to deepen global citizenship and social responsiblity in students
- Growing an enabling ecosystem for students, faculty and partners to collaborate with real-world impact for social good
Experiential Learning oversees the following in the College of interdisciplinary & Experiential Learning (CIEL):
- SUSS Core courses coded "NIE"
- Credit recognised Overseas Courses (Overseas Summer/ Winter Programmes & Semester Exchange Programme)
- Non-credit bearing Service-Learning and Global Learning Programmes