Next Available Intakes: 7 May & 30 July 2022
Duration: 1 day
Venue: Singapore University of Social Sciences
Minimum number to run: 20 participants (To be updated by SUSS)
The course focuses on small teams of less than 30 staff. It is targeted at SMEs, especially Small-Owner-Managed-Enterprises (S.O.M.E.).
In this course we will look at how to get the best out of our staff collectively, and align them with the business goals. Successful business is built on people it employed.
The course would enable participants fostering a vision buy-in from their staff and how to get the best out of their staff as a team. Football will be used throughout the course as a metaphor and example.
All Micro and Small-owner-managed-enterprise owners and managers.
- Role of vision buy-in and leadership
- Building a team (the Leicester way?)
- Maximizing team performance
- Sustaining the team performance
A. Knowledge and Understanding (Theory Component)
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of vision buy-in for staff motivation.
- Discuss team excellence over individual excellence and talent
- Identify team strengths for work performance
B. Key Skills (Practical Component)
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate collective team performance exceeding the sum of the parts
- Explain the importance of staff competencies in achieving performance
- Assess current staff strengths and gaps
- Review staff effectiveness and performance
|09:00 - 09:30||Course overview|
|09:30 - 11:00|
Vision and leadership
|11:00 - 11:15||Break|
|11:15 - 12:30||Building a team|
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 16:00||Maximizing team performance|
|16:00 - 16:15||Break |
|16:15 - 17:30||Sustaining the team and its performance|
|17:30 - 18:00||Assessment|
- Attendees should have a basic understanding of football and ideally be an EPL football fan.
Ameen is currently Head of Applied Projects at SUSS. At the age of 20 he graduated from Ain Shams University (Cairo) with a 4year B.Com (Accounting) degree. He obtained his MSc in Accounting and Finance from London School of Economics and his PhD from University of Warwick.
Ameen is a Fellow Chartered Accountant; trained and worked in KPMG England and later Ernst & Young in Singapore. He left the audit practice as audit manager in 1991 to join National University of Singapore (NUS) Business School as lecturer.
He left NUS in 2003 to focus on his F&B business (Café Le Caire) and his consulting under Ameen Talib & Associates. Ameen had been in business for over 16 years. Ameen had also been strategic planning director and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a manufacturing company in Thailand. Ameen has conducted trainings and/or consulting in various countries.
Ameen has published extensively in Academic journals including International Journal of Accounting, International Journal of Business Studies, Accounting Research Journal, Education Economics, Higher Education Review, Higher Education Quarterly and Public Management Review. He has also written a book on Managerial Economics and on Motivation Models.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Application form
| International Participants||S'poreans (aged below 40) and PRs||SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy1|
(S'poreans aged 40 and above)
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs2|
|Full Course fee (A)||$700||$700||$700||$700|
|SSG grant (70%) (B)||-||($490)||($490)||($490)|
|Nett course fee (A) - (B) = (C)||$700||$210||$210||$210|
|7% GST on nett course fee (D)||$49||$14.70||$14.70||$14.70|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST (C) + (D) = (E)||$749.00||$227.70||$227.70||$227.70|
|Less additional funding if eligible under various schemes (F)||-||-||($140)||($140)|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes (E) - (F) = (G)||$749||$224.70||$84.70||$84.70|
1 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy: Singaporeans aged 40 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
2 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs: SME-sponsored employees (Singaporean Citizens and PRs) aged 21 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and feedbacks related to the course
- The course fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. The University reserves the right to adjust the course fees without prior notice.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice
For clarification, please contact the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) via the following:
Telephone: +65 6248 0263