Next Available Intakes: 04 & 05 March 2021, 23 & 24 March 2021
Duration: 2 days
Venue: Singapore University of Social Sciences
Sustainability reporting has evolved in recent years from being an account of traditional corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts to more holistic reporting which encapsulates environmental, social, and governance (ESG) themes. With the global push for sustainability reporting and the benefits that sustainability reporting brings to both investors and companies, many companies now prepare an annual sustainability report to describe the organisation’s sustainability practices with reference to ESG issues. Sustainability reporting also allows organisations to consider their risks and opportunities related to sustainability issues, and to make informed decisions to mitigate risk and explore opportunities for growth.
This course seeks to provide practical guidance on the global frameworks for sustainability reporting and the implementation process, as well as key considerations for sustainability reporting.
This course is a collaborative effort with Deloitte.
Architects, engineers, HR personnel, financial consultants, sustainable consultants, carbon and environmental consultants, supply chain managers, facility managers, etc.
- Overview of sustainability and trends
- Introduction to sustainability reporting
- SGX’s sustainability reporting requirements
- Sustainability reporting frameworks
- Understanding GRI Standards
- Stakeholder engagement approach
- Materiality matrix and materiality assessment
- Data collection for sustainability report
- Setting targets for sustainability metrics
- Sustainability report development plan
- Challenges in preparing a sustainability reporting
- Elements of a good sustainability report
A. Knowledge and Understanding (Theory Component)
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appraise the requirements of sustainability report according to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards
- Design stakeholder engagement approach
- Construct materiality matrix to prioritise material factors for sustainability disclosure
B. Key Skills (Practical Component)
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Collect data as per requirements of GRI Standards
- Propose the outline and requirements of a sustainability report according to GRI Standards
- Prepare a sustainability report
|09:00 - 09:30||Course overview|
|09:30 - 10:15||Overview of sustainability and trends|
|10:15 - 10:30||Break|
|10:30 - 11:15||Introduction to sustainability reporting|
|11:15 - 12:30||SGX’s sustainability reporting requirements|
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 14:45||Sustainability reporting frameworks|
|14:45 - 15:45||Understanding GRI Standards|
|15:45 - 16:00||Break|
|16:00 - 17:30||Stakeholder engagement approach|
|09:00 - 10:00||Materiality matrix and materiality assessment|
|10:00 - 11:00||Data collection for sustainability report|
|11:00 - 11:15||Break|
|11:15 - 12:15||Setting targets for sustainability metrics|
|12:15 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 14:30||Sustainability report development plan|
|14:30 - 15:45||Challenges in preparing a sustainability reporting|
|15:45 - 16:00||Break|
|16:00 - 17:30||Elements of a good sustainability report|
|17:30 - 18:30||Assessment – Prepare a sustainability report using a case study|
- Attendees should have a basic understanding of environmental ecosystem.
- Have good English proficiency.
- Possess basic information and communication technology (ICT) skills.
- Possess basic understanding on climate change.
- Be able to source and analyse relevant materials from the workplace, library, internet or online databases for information on climate change.
Executive Director, Leader of Sustainability Services - Southeast Asia, Deloitte Asia Pacific
Executive Leadership Program INSEAD; Master in Operations Research; Bachelor in Science, Delhi University; GRI Certified Training Program Certificate
Mohit is an Executive Director with Deloitte Singapore, serving as the Leader for Sustainability Services for Southeast Asia.
With over 20 years of experience in consulting and industries, he possesses in-depth expertise and rich experience in Sustainability services, including Sustainability Strategy and Reporting, Climate Change Assessment and Strategies, Carbon Management, Sustainable Finance, Circular Economy, Stakeholder Engagement, Sustainability and ESG framework and policy development, and Strategic CSR.
His broader expertise and experience are in Crisis Management & Communications, Brand & Reputation, Strategic Risk & Transformation, Governance, and Innovation. He has personally led multiple large scale commercial and IT studies & transformations.
Prior to joining Deloitte, Mohit held regional and global leadership positions with a global pharmaceutical company in Commercial and IT, where he led initiatives across a range of strategic topics including innovation in commercial selling models, medical capabilities, shared services and enterprise applications.
Jayden Loo Yik Xiang
Manager, Sustainability Services - Southeast Asia, Deloitte Asia Pacific
Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), University Putra Malaysia; Certified Sustainability Reporting Specialist (CSRS); GRI Certified Training Program Certificate
Jayden is a Manager with Deloitte Sustainability Services practice in Southeast Asia, and brings with him over five years of professional experience in sustainability consultancy and internal audit. His key areas of expertise include Sustainability Strategies, data review, Sustainability Reporting, Assurance, and Internal Audit.
He has obtained certificate in Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Certified Training Program, which is the most widely recognised guideline for sustainability reporting. For sustainability reports, he has conducted several sustainability assessment, sustainability data review, and reporting engagements. He has also facilitated multiple stakeholder engagement, and conducted numerous sustainability reporting trainings.
He was involved in the assurance engagement by providing companies with assurance and audit advisory, specifically in environmental-related aspects. He has conducted assurance on these reporting engagements based on Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and International Standard on Assurance Engagement (ISAE) 3000.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Application form
|International Participants||S'poreans (aged below 40) and PRs||SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy1|
(S'poreans aged 40 and above)
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs2|
|Full Course fee (A)||$1400||$1400||$1400||$1400|
|SSG grant (70%) (B)||-||($980)||($980)||($980)|
|Nett course fee (A) - (B) = (C)||$1400||$420||$420||$420|
|7% GST on nett course fee (D)||$98||$29.40||$29.40||$29.40|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST (C) + (D) = (E)||$1498||$449.40||$449.40||$449.40|
|Less additional funding if eligible under various schemes (F)||-||-||($280)||($280)|
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes (E) - (F) = (G)||$1498||$449.40||$169.40||$169.40|
1 Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy: Singaporeans aged 40 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
2 Enhanced Training Support for SMEs: SME-sponsored employees (Singaporean Citizens and PRs) aged 21 and above may enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fees.
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and feedbacks related to the course.
- The course fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. The University reserves the right to adjust the course fees without prior notice.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice.
For clarification, please contact the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) via the following:
Telephone: +65 6248 0263