The workforce is continually evolving due to intense competition, rising complexity and the digital revolution. This programme aims to reposition the Learning and Development (L&D) function to a more strategic one that drives organisational growth and transformation.
The programme is uniquely suited for senior practitioners, managers and emerging leaders from the L&D, Human Resources and business community who want to equip themselves with leadership skills, as well as strategic and business knowledge to become business partners in their respective organisations. Funding from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) is also available for eligible applicants.
The programme delivers topics that emphasise practice over theory, helping you gain essential skills to boost your L&D practice. Workshops are held across 3 days, and cover two main themes:
- Learning and Development
- Strategic and Business Partnership
2 Oct 2023
9.00am - 6.00pm
|Megatrends & Business |
- Megatrends impacting on economy and business
- Corporate and business strategies for transformation
- Strategic implications for business functions, including HR and L&D
- L&D strategies to future-proof workforce
|Corporate & Business Strategies |
- Corporate vs business vs function strategies
- Environmental and organisational analysis
- Strategic framework and analysis, strategy toolkits
- Business models
|3 Oct 2023|
|9.00am - 6.00pm||Communications & Influencing Skills|
- Types of communication:
- 1-to-1, 1-to-M, F2F
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation - oral, written and kines2ics
- Internal branding and marketing
- Influencing and negotiation techniques
- Types of stakeholders
- Stakeholders and power
- Stakeholder identification and management
- Stakeholder needs and engagement
|4 Oct 2023|
|9.00am - 6.00pm|
|L&D Leadership & SkillsFuture Movement|
- Leadership styles
- Inclusiveness, diversity and global talents
- Leadership development and succession planning
- SkillsFuture movement to upskill and reskill workers
|Essential Skills for L&D Professionals|
- Strategic impact of L&D to HR:
- Change management and culture
- Talent recruitment and management
- OJT and workplace learning
- Performance and L&D metrics
- L&D analytics and toolkits
All classes will be conducted at Singapore University of Social Sciences.
Dr Brian Heng
Dr Brian Heng is the Director at the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education, SUSS. He has more than 15 years of corporate experience across the education, retail, oil & gas, and financial industries. He has worked in functional areas that include corporate strategy, customer analytics, business development, HR, marketing, and communications, and has led various cross-functional strategic initiatives and greenfield projects.
Dr Josephine Tan
Dr Josephine Tan has always been in the hospitality industry and is currently a consultant that focuses on marketing strategy and planning for hotels. Her areas of interest are in Marketing, Services Marketing, Strategy and Entrepreneurship. She has recently published a case study "Stark Hotels: Fixing What is Bugging You," with Singapore Management University Case Series, The Case Centre, Harvard Business Publishing.
Dr Josephine Tan holds a Bachelor of Business Management (Marketing), Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from Singapore Management University.
Mr Yeo Keng Kiat
Keng Kiat has over 30 years of extensive experience working in global multinational corporations in the IT, manufacturing and financial industries. In the last 12 years, he held leadership roles in HR, L&D and OD, driving strategic and operational programs in employee & industrial relations, talent & succession management, employee engagement, professional development, and corporate HR services.
Before making his career switch to HR, Keng Kiat's specialty was in helping large corporate clients transform their IT processes to global best practices,
and training IT Service Management practitioners to operationalise policies and processes. He also has expertise in data centre automation, application
release management and mainframe systems support.
Keng Kiat is passionate about developing leaders to lead with wisdom and compassion. He is an ACTA-certified adult educator and holds a Specialist Diploma in Advanced Facilitation. He has facilitated corporate learning in topics such as leadership, diversity & inclusion, professional integrity and business communications. He is also a Design Thinking practitioner and has facilitated strategic planning interventions to enhance organizational effectiveness.
Keng Kiat is presently engaged as an Associate of CIPD Asia, facilitating executive learning in strategic HR courses in collaboration with SHRI Academy.
3Additional subsidy for Singaporeans: With effect from 1 January 2023, the GST rate will be revised from 7% to 8%. There will be no fee increase for Singaporeans taking SSG subsidized course(s) from 1 January to 31 December 2023.
*Terms and Conditions
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and provide feedback related to the course
- The University reserves the right to adjust course fees without prior notice
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice
For more information on SkillsFuture Funding related matters, please click here.
Participant will receive an Executive Leadership Programme for Learning and Development Professionals certificate upon fulfilling course requirements.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before application deadline:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Application form
For enquiries on the programme, please reach out to the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education at +65 6248 0263 / email@example.com.