(Formerly known as the Diploma in Employment Relations)
Jointly presented by OTC Institute and Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), the Diploma in Employment Development (DED) is specially designed to be practice-oriented for personnel who have responsibilities or an interest in the industrial relations and human resource management (HRM) functions.
These can include labour leaders and members, industrial relations officers, line supervisors, personnel/HR executives and managers. This course consists of 10 modules, split across 3 themes: (1) Economy, Industry and Jobs, (2) Employment and Employability and (3) Employment Relations. These modules aim to enhance your analytical and thinking skills by integrating theory with practical issues and experiences, enabling you to forge better labour-management relations and tripartite partnership through sharing of real-life workplace situations.
(1) Economy, Industry and Jobs
Modules under this category serves to provide participants with a broad understanding and perspectives of the changes in the global economy and Singapore’s stand in the new order. Participants will also learn about the transformation of various industries in the next 10 years and the implications on jobs and skills.
- The New Order of Global Economy*
- Industry, Jobs and Skills Transformation*
- The Digitalised Workplace*
(2) Employment and Employability
Modules under this category examine the key aspects of strengthening the employment (from a perspective of labour policies and economics) and the employability of a worker in a transformed economy.
- Labour Economics and Policy
- Human Resource Development for Future Readiness
- Productivity in a Digitalised Workplace*
(3) Employment Relations
Modules under this category serves to equip participants with a holistic understanding on how to strengthen the relationships between employer and employees (or its representative – the Union) and to manage critical areas in the building of trust and confidence.
- Industrial Relations Practice and Tripartism in a Changing Workplace
- Employment Laws and Applications
- Change Management for Industry Transformation
- Performance Management*
* denotes credit earning modules. Participants who successfully meet requirements of these modules will earn 2.5 credit units (CU) per module that can be utilised in SUSS's business and HR-related undergraduate programmes.
The next intake will commence on 27 March 2019
Time: 7 – 10 pm
Schedule: Twice weekly (Mondays and Thursdays). Classes are held at NTUC Centre, One Marina Boulevard (Level 10).
Applicants will need to:
- Have a minimum of 5 GCE ‘O’ Level passes or a Higher Nitec qualification
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English
Click here to download application form.
Click here to download detailed course outline.
Closing Date of Application: 1 March 2019
Full fees: $4,815.00 (incl.GST)
Fees after SDF funding:
- $2,565.00 (For Singaporeans and PRs above 21 years of age) or
- $765.00 (For Singaporeans only above 40 years of age)
Please contact Celina at Y2VsaW5hX3dvbmdAbnR1Yy5vcmcuc2c= or DID: +65 6213 8171 for registration and further enquires.