The revised SUSS' Master of Early Childhood Education Programme has been designed to meet the needs of experienced educators who aspire to become trainers, mentors, coaches, professional developers, curriculum designers and facilitators of the English language acquisition within individual childcare centres/kindergartens or within larger organisations that provide early childhood care and education (ECCE) services.
As such, the programme blends two distinct yet related bodies of knowledge — adult learning theories, TESOL theories and pedagogical knowledge, and up-to-date child development knowledge — to inform early childhood curricular design and pedagogical practices.
Unique Features of the Programme
- Contemporary findings in research on child development and quality ECCE
- Adult-learning or TESOL theories/strategies that can be applied to ECCE teacher training and development contexts
- Application of research-based practices into the design of workshops and courses for early childhood teachers
- Courses taught by academics and practitioners with a blend of local and global perspectives
- Classes scheduled to suit the needs of working adults, in short bursts of face-to-face seminars and with plenty of self-directed learning materials
- Assignments revolving around real-world problems and contexts
- Only autonomous university in Singapore to offer a master's degree for early childhood education with either Teacher Trainer or TESOL specialisation
Meet the Head of Programme at the live dialogue session to find out more and have your questions answered. Register now!