In line with Singapore’s national drive to forge sustainable development in the digital era, as well as Singapore University of Social Sciences’ (SUSS) core values of Innovation for Excellence and Passion for Community, we are organising a business plan competition to promote awareness on sustainability and digital entrepreneurship. This year’s competition takes into consideration two core aspects of Singapore’s development: (1) pursuing novel initiatives that promote sustainable development, and (2) harnessing the digital economy.
Participants should thus analyse how they can leverage digital business solutions to enhance sustainable living and development (broadly defined, covering environmental, economic and/or social dimensions) in Singapore. Especially for students from junior colleges, polytechnics and the Millennia Institute, this competition hopes to encourage and motivate students to not only be entrepreneurial, but also socially responsible, digitally savvy and perceptive of the broader complex environment. Shortlisted teams will have the opportunity to showcase their plans during the finals of the competition.
All submissions must be prepared in English. For the submission requirements and guidelines, please click here.
- Each participating team must have at least 2 (two) members and at most 4 (four) members, who are from the same institution, either part-time or full-time. Participants must be students of their respective institutions when they register for the Event.
- Each institution may send more than one team to participate in the Event.
- Registration for the Event will open on 11 February 2022 at 9:00 am and close on 29 April 2022 at 11:59pm.
- Each team will be required to produce a creative business plan using various business concepts, models and visual aids for the final submission and/or presentation (only selected teams need to present their business plans). The business plan must be original and not have been submitted to another competition or previous editions of this Event.
- Information on the Event guidelines, judging criteria and other relevant updates will be announced here.
- Participating teams must submit their business plan between 11 February 2022 at 9:00am and 03 June 2022 at 11:59pm via the submission webpage here.
- The Event Terms and Conditions shall apply to all participating teams and can be read here.
- The results of the shortlisted teams will be announced on the Event website by 04 July 2022.
- The Event finals will be conducted live online via Zoom on 23 July 2022 (3:00pm to 6:00pm). Please refer to the updates on this page.