Singapore Retailers Association (SRA) was founded in 1977, originally as the Singapore Retail Merchants Association by 10 leading retailers. It is a non-profit, independent/non-governmental retail trade body in Singapore, funded entirely by the private sector. Led by 18 Council Members from leading companies and SMEs, SRA's vision is to be the respected and collective voice of the retail industry and advance the interests of the retail industry via insights, education and strategic collaborations.
On 1 October 2017, SRA embarked on SPRING’s (now Enterprise Singapore) LEAD+ Programme to further its cause and advance the initiatives under the Retail ITM to help bring about greater value creation in the retail industry through innovation; enhance retailers’ productivity and capabilities; maximise workforce potential for improved business growth and internationalisation.
At SRA we seek to:
- Enhance the well-being and profitability of SRA Members and the retail sector
- Ensure Members remain competitive via informative conferences and seminars
- Assist Members with business development and regionalisation strategies
- Facilitate overseas trade links and business partnerships
- Work closely with government, ministries & other authorities in national retail related projects
- Negotiate attractive rates for Members on useful services
- Provide training for retail staff
- Develop and promote retail as an attractive career
- Organise Singapore's annual GSS: EXPERIENCE SINGAPORE!
- Provide research and statistical analyses for members to benchmark performance
SRA and SUSS entered into a partnership with the signing of an Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on 16 August 2019, to co-develop suitable courses and workshops that will benefit the retail industry. Both parties will also work closely on analytics and research projects; co-organise industry sharing sessions to develop the retail industry. The partnership will also provide internship opportunities for SUSS students.