Register for our programme briefing session at the SUSS Open House on 24 Feb 2024 (Sat) to have your queries answered by our faculty on campus. Meanwhile, do visit our Open House webpage at your own time to read our student and employer testimonials, or watch specially curated videos on our video wall to experience SUSS through our people.
The rapidly ageing population in Singapore, and concomitant need for trained professionals in the health, social and psychological services have given rise to an imperative need for Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, Graduate Diploma in Gerontology, Master of Gerontology and PhD in Gerontology programmes. As the needs of elder people are specialised, dedicated attention within the training to address specific characteristics such as the ageing process, demands interdisciplinary courses in Gerontology.
Singapore University of Social Sciences's Master of Gerontology, with graduate certificate, graduate diploma and PhD option is the first in Singapore to offer a holistic training for a rewarding career in the eldercare and silver sector. Graduates from the programme will have acquired advanced knowledge and skills to be leaders and consultants in the field of gerontology. They will be prepared to perform challenging roles and functions in both government and private sectors.
Unique Features of the Programme
- Enrol for any standalone module of your interest
- Exciting array of modules and range of lecturers from local and overseas contexts
- Blend of theoretical and practical teaching modes
- Flexible enrolment by individual modules for credits
Most importantly, what distinguishes the programme from others are that
- There are frequent tie-ups with industry partners which can help students establish valuable networks;
- Students are often informed of industry activities and even have a chance to be involved in them due to our amicable relationships with our partners;
- Students are able to do various applied projects to solve the community issues together with our partners;
- Students are able to attend international dialogues with scholars and practitioners who are passionate about ageing matters.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; therefore applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early.
Subscribe to our SUSS Gerontology channel on Youtube to know more about our programme and gain more insight to the industry.