Financial Aid

Financial Aid

There are various types of financial aid available to students who need financial assistance.

Other Study Grants

An anonymous donor has sponsored a study grant for needy students pursuing the Master of Gerontology at SUSS.

Tenure of the Study Grants

The study grants are monetary in nature, and are awarded based on financial needs. It is to be used to offset the tuition fees payable by the student and is only awarded once to eligible students during his/her candidature with the University.

There is no bond attached to the study grant.

Terms & Conditions

You are advised to read the Terms and Conditions before applying for the study grant.

How to Apply

Application is open only for the July 2019 semester.

Study Grant application period: 1 February – 31 March 2019.

To apply, you need to submit your application online by the stipulated closing date. You may view the e-guide before you submit your application.

For new students, you must submit your admission e-application​ first before submitting your application for sponsorship.

The decision of the Student Awards Committee of SUSS is final and binding, and no reasons will be given for the non-selection of unsuccessful candidates. No appeals will be entertained.

The Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA) scheme helps parents save for their children's post-secondary education by maintaining a Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) for each eligible child. This is part of the Government's efforts to encourage every Singaporean to complete his post-secondary education. It also underscores the Government's commitment to support families in investing in the future education of their children, and to prepare them for the economy of the future. PSEA is not a bank account. It is administered by the Ministry of Education and is open automatically for all eligible Singaporeans.

Students may apply to use their own or their siblings' PSEA to pay fees to be incurred at Singapore University of Social Sciences, among other approved institutions.

Edusave Account balances of students, if any, will be transferred to their PSEA. You can visit the MOE PSEA Scheme website to find out more details on the PSEA Scheme. To find out your PSEA balance, you can call the PSEA/Edusave enquiry line at +65 6260 0777.

Download PSEA form

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

View FAQs on PSEA.

NCSS offers the VWO's Charities Capability Fund (VCF) to students from the following programmes:

To apply for VCF Funding, please visit the NCSS website​. Applicants from health-related organisations should check with their respective organisations and health clusters for possible sponsorship.

For Gerontology Programme: Interested VWO staff can be advised to apply for VCF under non pre-approval on a case by case basis.​

Back to top
Back to top