SUSS Graduate Programmes for International Students

SUSS offers a selected list of graduate programmes for international students who are on Student's Pass.

Graduate Programmes by Research

Master's and Doctoral by research programmes consist of some coursework and a thesis/dissertation based on an applied research project.

Available graduate programmes by research are:

Master's by research programme
Doctoral degree programmes

Graduate Programmes by Coursework

Graduate Diploma and Master's by coursework programmes can be obtained by completing all the prescribed courses in the programme.

Available graduate programmes by coursework are:

Graduate Diploma
Master's by coursework programme

Student's Pass

All international students are required to hold a valid Student's Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Your offer of admission to SUSS is conditional upon your successful application of your Student's Pass.

Before you can be issued with the Student’s Pass, you are required by ICA to undergo a medical examination which include tests for Tuberculosis and the Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV).

Upon clearing this medical examination and certified fit to study in Singapore, you will be issued with a medical report. Please submit your medical report online via ICA SOLAR for the completion of the Student's Pass formalities with ICA. If you do not pass the medical examination, you will not be granted admission to SUSS and must return to your home country at your own expense.

Once you have recovered from treatment, your re-application for a Student Pass will be subjected to ICA’s review again and there is no confirmation that you will be granted the pass in time to enrol in the programme before it commences in your desired enrolment intake.

Please refer to the requirements on ICA's website.

You need to apply for your Student's Pass via ICA's SOLAR system. Upon approval, you will be issued the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter, which you can download and print from the SOLAR system.

For international students who do not require an entry visa to Singapore, you will only need to show your passport and disembarkation card to get through Singapore immigration.

For international students who require an entry visa to Singapore, the IPA letter will serve as a single-trip entry visa upon arrival in Singapore. Please show your passport, disembarkation card and the IPA letter to the Duty Officer at the Immigration Checkpoint when arriving Singapore. You will be issued a short term Social Visit Pass.

Overstaying is a punishable offence under the Immigration Act. You are to take note of the expiry dates of the IPA letter/Social Visit Pass and complete the formalities in getting the Student's Pass before the period of stay expires. It is also your responsibility to apply for an extension of the Student's Pass at least one (1) month before it expires. An international student is deemed to be residing illegally in Singapore if he/she does not have a valid Student's Pass.

According to the conditions stated by ICA, an international student must surrender the Student's Pass within 7 days of the date of cessation or termination of studies. Those who surrender at ICA (Visitor Services Centre, ICA Building Level 4) will be granted a short term visit pass to allow them to exit the country. If you intend to leave Singapore upon completion of your studies, you may surrender it with a cancellation form to the Immigration Officer at the checkpoint. For students who are overseas, you may return the Student's Pass and cancellation form to ICA by registered post to the following address:

Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
Singapore 208718


SUSS do not offer on campus residential places or hostels. Refer to the accommodation options here.

Estimated Living Expenses

The estimated living expenses in Singapore vary across individuals. You may use EDB's Cost of Living Calculator for an estimate based on your lifestyle preferences.

Back to top

Assessment for Graduate Studies

Back to top